Chapter 21: Soft

After paragliding, Jeong Hyeok and Seri wanted to get some coffee before going back to the hostel. A certain cafe popped into Jeong Hyeok's mind, "I know a place!" He told Seri.

"There's also a cafe that I went into when I landed and I actually loved the place. But let's go to the one you're talking about. Let me see more of Switzerland's coffee shops," Seri laughed.

The couple rode a cab to get to their destination. Once they were near, Seri noticed the surroundings, "I know this place. This looks familiar."

"You've been here? The cafe here is nice," Jeong Hyeok told her.

As they reached the place and went out of the cab, Seri's eyes widened. "This is the coffee shop you were talking about?" Jeong Hyeok slowly nodded in confusion when she saw Seri's expression.

"This is the cafe I told you about earlier. This is where I went when I arrived," she pointed to the shop in front of them.

"This? This cafe that's full of quotations?" He pointed out as well and Seri excitedly nodded. "Wait, I've been here also on the day I arrived. We didn't bump at each other?"

"Hmm, I don't think so. There were a few students when I came here so I should've remembered if I saw that handsome face." Seri teased as Jeong Hyeok scoffed, "Okay okay. Haha! I was just asking."

Before entering the cafe, Jeong Hyeok told her, "This place is actually nice. You know what, their quotations change over time. I wonder what their theme is now. I can still remember some quotes when I came here- "It's never too late for a new beginning in your life."

Seri smiled sweetly. "Since we both had been here during that theme, I also have one quote that I really loved- "Sometimes all you have to do is forget what you feel and remember what you deserve."

They smiled at each other and entered the cafe, walking hand-in-hand.

As they entered, a quote welcomed them- "Having a soft heart in a cruel world is courage, not weakness." And they nodded together.

They proceeded to the counter and ordered their drinks. Iced americano for the man and a latte for the lady.

"Do you want to get snacks?" Jeong Hyeok asked.

"Nah. It'll be dinner time when we get back. Let's have dinner with Seung Jun and Dani," they both agreed since they should also spend some time with them and because Seung Jun, the best friend, is getting jealous.

They waited for their orders and walked towards the table near the window. While they were settling on their seats, Seri giggled and said, "This is the seat where I sat before."

"Seri... this is also the area where I sat. The day when I arrived." They both looked at each other straight in the eyes and uttered, "WOW!"

They were spending their time as they savored their drinks. It's been almost an hour since they arrived and they're enjoying the theme of its place.

And as they were about to stand up from their seats, Jeong Hyeok asked Seri, "Seri, I was just wondering, what's your favorite quote here?"

Seri pointed to the one near the counter, "That one- 'I have witnessed the softening of the hardest of hearts by a simple smile.' It reminds me so much of you. How that heart of yours was hard as a rock before that you even hoped not to love anymore and look at you now. You've been enchanted by my smile. I'm so proud of you, Jeong Hyeok!"

He laughed and smiled at her. "Thank you, Seri. I wouldn't be who I am today without you."

"I know," she quickly responded, which earned a laugh from Jeong Hyeok.

She raised both of her eyebrows and her lips formed into a thin line, saying that she really had a big part in Jeong Hyeok's change of heart.

"What about you, Jeong Hyeok, what's your favorite?" She asked.

"The one behind you," He pointed as Seri looked over her shoulder. "'The softer your heart is, the less that your past is forming your present and your future. When there is openness and softness of heart, what forms the present and the future is not your past but the reality of your own being.' I don't think I should still explain it anymore. Knowing how smart you are and how you know me, you already know why that quote caught my eye."

They both exchanged a tender smile, showing how happy they were in their current state. They arrived in Switzerland with a purpose and goal, and with everything that happened, they were fully contented and delighted with what they currently have- a heart full of love.