Chapter 13: Hide

After Jeong Hyeok and Seri's trail, they went back to the area where they left Seung Jun and Dan. As soon as the married couple saw them approaching, they stood up from the bench they were sitting at and gave them the brightest smile.

"How was your trail?" Seung Jun asked once Jeong Hyeok and Seri finally reached them. "It was so good. The scenery is amazing," Seri answered.

"Let's do our last activity then. How about we ride those cable cars?" Dani suggested while pointing at the small cabins slowly moving above. Seri eagerly nodded since she really wanted to ride one when she saw it in Lake Lungern. "But here's the catch, only 2 people are allowed inside the cabin," Dani announced.

"Why were there so many people riding in a single one before," Jeong Hyeok curiously asked. "We asked about it earlier but it seems like they're creating some new rules." Seung Jun said. "So Dani and I will go and the two of you in another one, okay?"

Jeong Hyeok and Seri can't complain about the arrangement they decided on. But what they didn't know was Seung Jun told her wife that he's been smelling something fishy between the two and thought something happened when they left the two of them during the night they were having drinks. On the other hand, Dani was actually curious also ever since they started the tour because they got close real quick even though they just met yesterday. With the curiousness and confusion the married couple was feeling, they planned to set up the riding of cable cars where the two of them will be stuck together.

Seung Jun and Dani were the first ones to ride. A few seconds later, Jeong Hyeok and Seri's lift also arrived. He let her go first while he watched every step that she was taking to make sure she wouldn't stumble.

As the cable car started moving, Seri saw a view of paragliders roaming around the area. "Wow! Have you ever tried paragliding, Jeong Hyeok?" She suddenly asked him. "No, not yet." He answered while they both watched the people sailing through the wind with their gears.

"I want to try it soon," Seri abruptly said. Jeong Hyeok looked at her and saw how she adored the feeling of paragliding. "You can. We can set it up." He suggested, knowing the feeling of gliding in the air might bring her a good feeling. They both exchanged smiles indicating their agreement to try paragliding soon.

After some silent moments inside the cabin, Seri all of a sudden expressed her gratitude towards Jeong Hyeok. "Thank you, Jeong Hyeok. I really want to thank you for everything. We just met yesterday but you don't know how much you already helped me. I have been smiling most of the time ever since I got here and you're one of the main reasons why." Tears were welling in her eyes until Jeong Hyeok placed his hand at her back, "I'm glad I've been of help. I'm really happy that you've been feeling a lot better. You can talk to me whenever you need me."

Seri appreciates everything Jeong Hyeok has done and for her, it's not impossible to like this man. She wanted to get to know him a little more so she asked some questions which also helped remove the awkwardness between them because of what happened when they were trailing earlier. They were having fun and kept the conversation going until Seri asked a question, "Why are you here in Switzerland?" Jeong Hyeok knew the reason why Seri went to Switzerland so Seri thought of asking him as well.

Silence. Silence filled the atmosphere once again. The question stunned Jeong Hyeok and didn't know how to answer. He kept on hiding the reason why he's here even to his best friend, who assumed he already moved on. No one knows why he's here. He doesn't want to receive pity from the people around him to the point that he's even willing to hide his secret grief forever.

With Seri realizing the question made Jeong Hyeok uncomfortable, she quickly faced Jeong Hyeok. "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry that question troubled you. It's okay if you don't feel like opening up. You don't have to share it with me. I may have crossed the line about this one. Sorry." Jeong Hyeok gave her a light smile, pointing out that it's okay, "I'm sorry too if I still can't share it with you." He felt a bit guilty for not telling her the reason when she actually already opened up to him. He thought Seri might offer to help him go through his pain just like what he's doing, but he may not be ready to receive it from anyone.

Seri, on the other hand, finally learned that he was indeed going through something. What she realized was, what he's enduring inside him might be a lot heavier than what she's going through. With that, she decided to bond more and be a friend to Jeong Hyeok and do what he's been doing for her until he's finally ready to open up with what's been consuming him.