Chapter 4: Quote

Upon his arrival to Switzerland at 9 am, Ri Jeong Hyeok went to his usual coffee shop near the airport whenever he visits the country. He always looks forward to visiting this certain coffee shop as it has a gimmick of changing the displayed quotes around their shop depending on what the owner feels like. "I wonder what is their theme now," Jeong Hyeok thought to himself.

He excitedly enters the coffee shop with a smile on his face but his smile slightly faded when he read the first quote that his eyes landed on, "Love never gives up." It made him think of his purpose in going to this place after all, "Well, I'm not here to love. I'm here to distract myself."

He continued entering the cafe and read the other quotes that were displayed on the left side of the wall:

"Never think that what you have to offer is insignificant. There will always be someone out there who needs what you have to give."

"There's nothing more beautiful than a person whose heart has been broken but still believes in love."

"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations."

And on the right side:

"Flowers grow back. Even after the harshest winters, you will too."

"Keep going. Everything you need will come to you at the perfect time."

"The best love story is when you fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time."

"Psh. What are these?" Jeong Hyeok uttered. "Falling in love again is the theme? Huh, great timing, Jeong Hyeok," he shook his head as he moved towards the counter.

"Guete Morge, Sir. May I take your order?" The person behind the counter eagerly greeted and asked. "I'll have an iced americano." He took a glance one more time at the menu in front of him, "and a slice of dark chocolate cake, please."

"An iced americano and a slice of dark chocolate cake for?" The cashier asked after pressing some buttons on the machine. "Jeong Hyeok." And he repeated Jeong Hyeok's order, "An iced americano and a slice of dark chocolate cake for Jeong Hyeok coming right up!"

Jeong Hyeok waited for a few moments before the crew gave what he ordered, "Thank you, Sir, and remember: 'Your current situation is not your final destination.'" The cafe employee said with a smile on his face.

"Danke," was all Ri Jeong Hyeok was able to say.

As he sat down at a table near the window and looked outside to admire the view, he enjoyed his moment alone and savor the americano he's drinking. When he almost emptied his cup, that was only the time he realized there was something written on it, "It's never too late for a new beginning in your life."

---

It was almost 11 am when Yoon Seri's plane arrived in Switzerland. She instantly craved caffeine the moment she went outside the airport so she decided to grab one before heading to her accommodation.

She found it difficult searching for a cafe since most of the shops around are restaurants. It takes a few minutes before she finally found one. She went inside and was surprised with the quotes hanging all around the cafe. She read each of them and excitedly said, "Ohh what a way to start my trip. I can sense that this will be good." She was smiling and her eyes transforms into little curves, showing her enthusiasm.

She placed her order at the counter and beamed with what the cafe employee said when he gave her her latte, "Always keep this in mind, Miss: 'Your current situation is not your final destination.'" Seri smiled at him and said, "I will. Danke!"

She chose a table near the window so she could have a look at whatever's happening outside. "This place is so beautiful!" She happily exclaimed and noticed another quote written on her cup, "Sometimes all you have to do is forget what you feel and remember what you deserve." Seri smirked and closed her eyes while holding her cup with both of her hands, "Thank you. Could this day get any better?"

She extended her stay at the coffee shop as she enjoys the drink and quotes that surrounds her. Fortunately, she has her phone to keep her company. Don't get her wrong, the place itself could definitely keep her company for long hours but she wanted to search more about the country and what she could do during her stay, "I certainly think this trip will be successful."