Chapter 24: Freedom (wildcard)

1 year later

"Jagiya, we're almost late. Our flight's in a few hours." Jeong Hyeok was knocking on the bathroom door a few times to call on Seri.

"I'll be out in a few seconds," Seri answered at the other side of the door while applying her lipstick.

"Ya! You've been there for almost an hour." Jeong Hyeok was quite irritated since Seri has been busy preparing herself for their flight.

Seri sighed as she sprayed her perfume, "Cameras might be waiting for me at the airport, Jagiya."

A year ago when Seri went back to Seoul, her business, Seri's Choice, boomed as it launched a collection dedicated to all women who had been cheated by their lovers. Yoon Seri was the one who modeled every piece of clothing the collection had. Her expression gave inspiration to all women that they shouldn't give up and have hope in love. But, what made the collection's message strong was the one line from it saying, "Don't give someone the satisfaction of watching you suffer."

With Sang Woo, her cheater, being the inspiration of this theme, issues were thrown at him. Questions about Seri's Choice's latest collection were always asked whenever he had an interview. And with every question about it, the actor stuttered. He clearly can't defend himself which resulted in him having a hard time landing a project.

And a year after, Seri's Choice's products were always sold out. The company's been an inspiration not just to women, but also to everyone knowing that every collection they released, has a meaning behind it.

After Seri made her last check of herself in the mirror, she walked towards the door and opened it, "Are you that excited to see the baby?"

Jeong Hyeok pouted. Accepting his defeat when Seri guessed the reason why he already wanted to go to the airport.

Seeing Jeong Hyeok's expression, Seri laughed. "Ya! Okay, okay. Let's go now." And Jeong Hyeok's pout turned into a big smile who looked like a kid getting himself an ice cream.

As they drove to the airport, excitement on both of their faces can't seem to fade. "We're giving them the freedom they have always wanted," Jeong Hyeok said.

"But at the same time, that freedom will also be our freedom to take care of the baby," Seri responded.

Jeong Hyeok smiled. "Seri! I really can't wait to arrive," he excitedly said as he shook Seri's arms.

As they arrived at the airport, Seri was recognized by the people as expected. Pictures of her arriving with Jeong Hyeok circulated online a few minutes later, "Are you okay?" Jeong Hyeok can't help but ask his girlfriend.

"Of course I am. Let them. They know you are my boyfriend and I'm in the spotlight because of Seri's Choice so I may be the one who should as if you're okay," she pouted. "I'm sorry if I had to put you through this- with cameras flashing everywhere whenever you're with me."

Jeong Hyeok squeezed her hand, "It's okay. Hmm, is it weird if I tell you that I'm actually enjoying it?"

Seri gave him a wide smile and chuckled, "Yes. Yes, it is."

---

Switzerland

Jeong Hyeok and Seri safely landed in Switzerland at 4 pm. Without going to any stopovers like their favorite coffee shop, they immediately call on a cab to go to their destination.

"To SD Hostel, please." Jeong Hyeok told the driver as soon as a cab halted at their place.

SD Hostel, just like Seri's Choice also boomed within a year when Seri made it a recommendation when asked in one of her interviews where is the best place to stay in Switzerland. And with the comment, "The owners are also Koreans." made the citizens of Korea curious how they ran a hostel and settled in Switzerland.