Chapter 2: Letter

The next morning, though with puffy eyes, Seri needs to get to the office. She rose up from her bed and went to the bathroom to wash up. There were times she realized that she was spacing out while brushing her teeth, "Get yourself together, Seri."

She proceeded to the kitchen to get herself a breakfast, but with all her might, she doesn't have an appetite, "Ah... I think coffee will do. This will wake me up" She grabbed her mug and prepared herself a cup of coffee. It didn't take long and her coffee was ready. She lifted her mug and continued enjoying her coffee in the living room. She stood by the window to admire the view from her apartment. "The weather seems nice," she blurted. The sky was blue and the sun was shining brightly, busy people walking and crossing the streets going to work- it was a normal day.

While sipping her coffee and watching the people's hustling movements, "Let me get some fresh air. I think I'll grab this chance to enjoy the weather." She savored her last drop of coffee and went to her bedroom to get changed to her office attire.

Seri decided to walk going to her office and be one with those busy people she watched by her apartment window. As she was strolling on the sidewalk, she glanced at a park near Han River. There were a few people around but she realized, maybe this will get the fresh air that she wanted.

She stood by near the edge and faced the river. She breathed in and out trying to calm her aching heart. She closed her eyes, relishing the moment and after a few minutes, she inhaled deeply and tried exhaling all of her aches out but she bowed her head and sighed, "This won't do. This won't go away easily. I think I need to go somewhere else." She picked up her phone and tried searching for a place outside the country. She browsed a few countries and searched a nice place until she came across a specific one that caught her eyes. "Oh this seems a relaxing place," she said as she was appreciating the green scenery in Switzerland on her phone. And right there and then, she booked her accommodation.

As soon as Seri raised her head, she roamed her eyes around and noticed something floating at the edge of the river. Out of curiosity, she tried her best to pick it up even though she was wearing her office dress and there were people around. "I hope no one will notice and take a picture of me," she told herself while she was glancing from left to right. Just as she held that thing in her hands, she realized what it was. "Hmm what's the paper inside this bottle?" She opened the bottle and recognized that it was a letter. She was a bit stunned once she read the letter and slid both of them inside her bag. She kept on asking why she was the one who got the letter and read what was written on it. What was the world conspiring with? That very short message kept on popping on her head,

"Dear Universe, don't let me fall in love again."