Chapter 6: Laugh

Seri stayed in her room and took a nap after unpacking her things. As she woke up from her nap, she grabbed her phone to check the time, "Oh no, it's already 6:30 pm. Ugh, I hate you jetlag!"

She quickly got off of her bed and went to the bathroom to take a shower. She dressed in a simple white shirt, denim pants and completed it with a cardigan. She also applied light makeup to make her look presentable to the hostel owners and their friend. After checking herself one last time at the mirror, she snagged her phone on the bedside table, "Good job, Seri. You only took 20 minutes to prepare."

As she went out of her room and closed the door, she noticed a man on the other side of the hallway who just went out of his room as well. "Jeong Hyeok!" Seri called the man's name. "Hi, Seri! Are you going down for dinner?" Jeong Hyeok asked and Seri nodded in response, "Let's go. They must be waiting for us." He invited her and they went down the stairs together, stealing glances at each other.

They entered the dining room together and saw Seung Jun and Dan preparing the table, "Oh you guys are right in time. The food's ready. Come, take a seat." Dani invited them but both of them insisted on helping set up the table and let the pregnant lady took her to sit instead, "You should be the one sitting. Let us help prepare everything and just wait here." Seri left Dani and proceeded to the kitchen to grab the plates they'll be using. Jeong Hyeok and Seung Jun helped each other in placing the foods on the dining table.

After they prepared everything, they all went to their seats. The married couple seated beside each other and their guests set themselves across them.

Seri started the conversation by thanking them, "You don't have to prepare the dinner, but thank you for hosting this." Seung Jun answered Seri, "It's okay. This is our welcome dinner for the both of you since you came on the same day." And Dan added on what her husband said, "And it's also nice to see some new faces while having dinner. I've been stuck with my husband for years." They all laughed together as they indulge in the foods prepared by the hostel owners.

As they were enjoying their dinner, conversation popped out from time to time. "Dani, when's your due date?" Jeong Hyeok casually asked his best friend's wife. "I still have 2 months, Jeong Hyeok." Seri was surprised that Dan will be giving birth very soon, "You're already in your last trimester? Don't you need to take a rest from now on?" Dani chuckled with Seri's expression, "No, it's okay. The doctor said it would be good to have some light exercises. It would help me push the baby out easily."

Seung Jun jumped into the conversation as well, "Hey, if it won't bother the both of you, is it okay if you guys visit us again when Dani gave birth? You know, maybe after a few months." Seri curiously asked him why, but Jeong Hyeok was the one who answered and chuckled, "They didn't have their honeymoon because of how busy they were. They kept on bothering me with that request since Dani got pregnant." Jeong Hyeok, Dan, and Seung Jun laughed together. "It's okay with me," Seri answered which resulted in 3 pairs of eyes staring at her with surprise. "REALLY?" The married couple was happy hearing it but also wanted to make sure they heard it right. "Sure. I'll be happy to do it." Seung Jun tapped the table to get Jeong Hyeok's attention, "Ya! Ya! You should join Seri. I can't believe a person who we just met would agree to our request than my friend who I know for who knows how many years." Jeong Hyeok just grinned and shook his head, not clear if they actually convinced him.

They finished their dinner but they all stayed at the dining area to talk more. Seung Jun and Jeong Hyeok were sharing all their craziness when they were teenagers. It's obvious that Seung Jun might be a naughty one but Seri wasn't expecting that Jeong Hyeok was too. They laughed together with the stories the two shared and Seung Jun kept on joking around which made Seri observed how Dani's enjoying his company. "These lovebirds surely have a deep love for each other," she thought to herself. But what made her more curious was the man beside her. He didn't share much as Seung Jun did and just laughed along with them. She took a glimpse at him and thought, "I wonder what's his story."