13. How does one get a date?

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
HOW DOES ONE GET A DATE ?

"WHAT DO WE HAVE NEXT?" Bunny asked suddenly in the quietness, his body sprawled out across August's bed.

Their free period normally included hiding back in the dormitory, Bunny lying on August's bed as they ate whatever was leftover from last night. Today chocolate frogs and fizzy wands were on the menu.

Bunny pulled at a fizzy wand between his front teeth, his nose scrunching up in sheer will power when August finally responded, stuck in a trance at looking at Bunny bite the wand, "Arithmancy for me, magical creatures for you." He looked between their timetables from where he lied on the floor, stomach flat against the itchy carpet.

The moment August had entered Hogwarts he had needed a new timetable, so when they were free, the group had cornered him and forced August to choose subjects that they were also in.

He was to be taking Arithmancy with Theo and Abraxas, along with doing advanced potions with Tom. As well as this, August had chosen divination so that Bunny would stop pestering him, Bunny had told him it was a total doss, just take it.

So he did, and Bunny was right. It was a total and utter doss. All they would do was mess around, pretending they had prophetic dreams, causing their professor to talk in great interest as if they were descendants of Cassandra of Troy.

As well as this, Augustine technically had to take Divination, as Necromancy and Divination went hand in hand. Seeing the future was just another part of Necromancy, and August knew well enough that if he didn't take it, he'd never be a true necromancer.

Bunny, unsurprisingly, had taken care of magical creatures. It wasnt a surprise mainly because those who knew Bunny knew he was pretty good with animals, and apparently his family had an animal sanctuary off somewhere in Albania, where his father spent most of his time.

Bunny groaned and almost choked on his fizzy wand, August propped his head up to look at him.

"Might sneak in Arithmancy," he mused once he regained his composure.

"Absolutely not," August snapped, "you'll just distract me,"

"I am pretty distracting, arent I?" He waggled his brows at August, who blushed turning away to avoid his eyes.

"Then don't go Arithmancy," Bunny concludes, "you haven't done the work,"

Bunny was right, he hadn't done the work. "Where would we go?" He gave in finally, his hand went to the back of his neck, scratching it anxiously.

He frowned a little, and pulled his hand quickly away. He was not being anxious, he decided. It was something he had decided the first night he slept at Hogwarts; he would not be some freak or anxiety ridden fool. He would be someone, he wouldn't be someone if he spent his time worrying.

"Find you a date obviously?" Bunny pulled a face as if the whole thing was obvious.

"Excuse me?" August asked confused because it certainly wasn't obvious to August. Though, most things the knights did weren't obvious to August, almost as if he were out of a loop he didn't know he was in.

"I don't need a date."

"Yes you do, for Sluggy's party." Bunny's lips curled upwards in delight at August's confusion.

August huffed out, his head fell forwards against the carpet. He crumpled his face in disgust.

"Do I have to? It just seems so unnecessary." He groaned out into the floor not even looking up at him as Bunny exited the bed, he felt Bunny sit down besides him.

"Oh come on, it'll be fun."

He looked up at Bunny's sympathetic face, he couldn't never seem to say no to Bunny, he'd found out.

Maybe that was what friendship was.

He sighed dramatically, "fine." And Bunny just gave him his largest smile that seemed to force August to also smile.

....

"What about Juno?"

August snorted, "ah yes, let's go for the girl who hates me." Sarcasm dripped from Augusts lips as they wandered the halls.

Bunny scowled, "if you show her you're not all that bad maybe she'd fancy you."

"Do I want that?" August asked not really expecting a proper answer, "and anyway, don't you fancy her?"

Bunny went bright red, "who told you that?"

"You flirted with her the first time I met her, You're not exactly subtle." August shot back with a grin.

He shook his head a little, "she's not really my type."

"No?"

"Nah, blondes aren't my type — Henrietta's kind of fit but I'm thinking of going for Reinhardt."

He almost broke his neck as he whipped his head to face him in utter surprise. "Reinhardt?" He bursted out, a little laugh escaped his lips in confusion. His eyes were definitely popping out comically large to anyone who saw.

"But he's terrified of you." August stated, he didn't bother asking him about his obvious bisexuality bomb he'd just dropped onto August, because quite frankly, he couldn't care less if Bunny wanted both sexes, but Reinhardt?

"That's what I like in a guy, if they're not terrified of me, what's the point?" He grinned madly and August had to remind himself that Bunny was probably the most insane one out of them all.

"How nice." August replied flatly, staring at Bunny.

He just shrugged and continued to walk.

"So what about Olive? She fancies you."

August had to do another head whip at this, because how could Bunny just so casually drop all these random pieces of information onto him?

"No she doesn't."

"Um, hate to break it to you, but whilst you're twirling your hair at Tom," August had to cut him off with a glare before he continued, "but she stares at you, laughs at everything you say, and also, she's batshit insane, heard her talking about how she thinks the whole girl killer look makes you hotter," he rambled on.

August stared blankly at him, "it does?" He thought of the kiss, how she seemed a lot more friendly than what August had hoped for.

Bunny shrugged, "eh, sort of, can't tell though, you're not really my type."

This made August slightly annoyed.

"Why not?" He asked defensively, a brow raised, because Bunny definitely felt something for August, but August just couldn't pinpoint it.

"Because, you scare the shit out of me— as I've said, you need to be scared of me,"

August nodded, through something had started to grow in the pit of his stomach. He didn't want Bunny to fancy him. No it wasn't like that.

"well that settles it, let's go find Olive, she's my best bet of a date." He said ignoring the feeling that grew and instead thought of Olive.

If he were to go with anyone else, it might be terrible, but Olive? Well, she didn't exactly mind the whole girl killing thing. Not like the rest of the girls that probably did.