14. Ask out Olive

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
ASK OUT OLIVE

FINDING OLIVE HORNBY WAS EASY WORK. Where Myrtle Warren was, Olive would soon follow.

So Bunny and August stormed the halls, Bunny practically skipped towards the Herbology suite where fourth years were having their lesson.

They stayed behind, waiting for the lesson to finish, then as the fourth years piled out, Olive entered the scene, along with her little group of giggling friends. They were all similar; tall, slim and sneering. Like a group of wild hyenas waiting for their prey.

She was already making a beeline for the shorter of the lot, Myrtle. Her eyes dead set, her lips curled into a sneer showing her canines. But before anything could happen, she spotted August and Bunny, her predatory look vanished replacing it with a sweet sort of gaze, but August can't be fooled.

She was mad at him, she was out for blood and all she could do now was let Myrtle out from her teeth.

She looked between August and Myrtle, which one would she rather speak to more?

In the end, August seemed to have won as she forgot the girl, loosening her teeth from her bite and strutted over to him, her friends just a few feet behind her.

"Hello August," she greeted in her usual sweet tone, her hand already going for her brunette hair to play with. He found it repetitive, this act she was playing, but August couldn't speak, seeing as he was still trying to look sane to the rest of the Hogwarts population.

"Hi Olive," he smiled his best smile, trying his best to look as if he wanted this. But he didn't. Bunny said she's just like him, equally insane, but she wasn't. He knew she wasn't.

In his mind, she reminded him of Tom.

And he didn't like it one bit.

Bunny nudged him, causing him to wince lightly before he spoke again, "so. . Do you want to. . gotoslughornsparthwithmeidontmimdifyoudontwanttoofcourse" he breathed out, red with embarrassment.

Olive raised a brow, either thinking for a moment or trying to decipher what he tried to tell her, he couldn't tell. Completely unreadable, just like Tom.

It felt like one of the longest moments of Augusts life.

"Yes id love too, See you then." She smiled before stepping on her tiptoes to quickly kiss his cheek.

"Bye then." She turned towards her friends, who giggle and squeal about the whole encounter as they walk off.

August turned to Bunny who gave him a look, "what?" He asked.

"We need to work on your communication skills."

....

"August has a date! August has a date!" Bunny singed in his obnoxious voice as they entered the dormitory.

August winced at his loud voice as he made a beeline to his bed.

Abraxas let out a laugh, "oh merlin, she's going to be in for a treat." Smirking, but not in his usual venomous way.

Tom, who sat propped up on his bed, book clasped tightly together, looked up, "you do?" He asked studying him.

Uncomfortably, August stammered out, "y-yes" to which Tom just smiled.

"Well done."

"Do you?" He asked lightly, trying to sound less embarrassed about that fact that Tom didn't even care.