10. Dancing with the Devil

CHAPTER TEN
DANCING WITH THE DEVIL

"Did you enjoy my performance?" Bunny asked wiggling his brows once his dance lesson ended, and the hall erupted into chatter, signifying the end of practice. Abernathy had sensed that neither students needed the practice, nor did anyone else for that matter.

"We did, it was splendid." Abraxas chimed in sarcastically before turning to Augustine. He rolled his eyes to Augustine, who laughed.

"Well this was a waste of time," Reinhardt spoke up, "I thought we were practicing all day?"

"Apparently not," Abraxas replied, "at least I have time to study for the healers mocks next week," he turned to Augustine, "you have revised, right?"

Before Augustine could reply with there's mocks?, Flick and Juno charged up towards the Knights from where they stood with the other Ravenclaw girls.

"Here comes trouble," Theo muttered jokingly, though his lips were curled upwards into a big smile as he watched Flick follow Juno.

"What is wrong with you?" Juno exclaimed angrily once she reached the knights, pointing an accusing finger at Bunny. Flick joined a moment later, Theo dragged her towards him, wrapping one arm around her as she nuzzled close.

Juno's blonde hair was tied upwards today, and she wore a dress, an indicator that spring was just around the corner, showing off her bruised and cut up legs from her training sessions. She still looked pretty, Augustine thought. He felt guilty for not spending time with her, seeing as they were going to the ball together.

Bunny momentarily looked shocked, before a playful smirk spread across his lips, "do you want a list?"

Juno rolled her eyes, "can you not be loyal to one girl?"

Tom snorted from behind Augustine, "you do know who Bunny is don't you?" He said rather jovially.

Augustine had never seen Tom in such high spirits before.

"Fuck off Thomas we're meant to be on the same side," Bunny shot back, grinning.

Augustine looked between the two in confusion, wondering how they had become so friendly with one another, but that would have to wait as Juno's attention turned to Augustine.

"Have you been hiding from me Lawrence?" A raised brow and a slow smile indicated that she wasn't mad at him.

They started to follow the rest of the students out of the hall.

"Not intentionally," he spoke as they began to follow the other students.

"do you wanna meet by the black lake and study later?" her eyes quickly darted around the hall, Augustine realised she was nervous asking him this. He smiled, feeling something bubble within him.

no one had been like this with him, being with Bunny and Tom had been a different experience all together. Bunny had been loud and proud, flirting whenever he got the chance, and Tom had been intense and frustrating to understand, which made Augustine want to understand him even more.

But Juno was different. She was sweet.

"i would love to,"

she looked up at him, smiling. "really?"

"yeah of course," he replied, he couldn't stop himself from smiling now, one of those big grins he never rarely showed.

"i'll meet you there after lunch?"

"deal."

she kissed his cheek quickly, "alright then, see you later." she said before merging with the rest of the students as she reached the rest of her Ravenclaw friends, who looked back to where Augustine stood and giggled with her.

"looks like someone has a date," Bunny teased from behind him, he turned to look at him, expecting to see that grin of his, but no. Bunny wasn't grinning at all.

"so? whats your problem?" Augustine shot back, slightly annoyed that Bunny was looking at him as if he'd killed his beloved rottweiler.

"nothing, i don't know what you're on about," Bunny quickly replied, he'd removed his slight frown in favour of his usual grin, but his eyes had the same malicious glint they usually had when he was about to fight someone.

When they got back to the common room, Augustine found that another person was mad at him, he didn't understand why so many people were now mad at him, he was only going to study with Juno, but both Bunny and Abraxas were acting as if he'd killed their loved ones.

"but we were meant to study!" Abraxas exclaimed once Augustine had asked him what his problem was.

"so? i'll study with you later Brax," he replied with a shrug.

"merlins beard, the moment he gets himself a little girlfriend he ditches us immediately." Bunny muttered unhelpfully from his seat he sulked in.

Augustine rolled his eyes, "she's not my girlfriend, she's my date to the ball, its different."

"yeah yeah, go on, you're going to be late," Bunny waved him away.

Augustine opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. He ended up not saying a word even when Theo said goodbye to him as he walked out of the common room.

an: if ur reading this as well as the rest of the series abt the Lawrences,,, just so u know, I won't be updating the other two fics until this one is close to completion bc I want to prioritise this fic first 🫶🏻 hope u guys understand <3

I might unpublish them to rewrite ,, idk yet

also sorry for the short chapter, i just wanted to get something out because i havent updated in a while, anyways, thank u for almost 100k!! im so proud of this fic, and thank u for reading it!! pls vote and comment on each chapter, i love reading ur comments <3

GOD KILLERS. Tom Riddleजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें