20. Slughorns party

CHAPTER TWENTY
SLUGHORNS PARTY

AUGUST INSPECTED HIMSELF IN THE MIRROR. His dark hair curled loosely as he looked upwards, jutting out his sharp chin, it curls around his temples and down his neck, he needed it cut, he thought annoyed with a frown.

The last time he had his hair cut was by his mother, though. August hated people touching his hair, the prodding and the pulling, the feeling of others on him, he had sobbed from how much he detested it, yes, it might be childish to cry, but he hated it that much. His mother had punished him severely for it.

Don't be pathetic, she'd mutter, yanking his hair even more as he laid on the ground, a belt in her hand.

He blinked away the memory. He looked quite handsome in his suit. In the way most boys look handsome. For once in his life, he's not totally ashamed of how he looked. Once, before all this, there was a time when August hated the boy who stood in the mirror. He hated how he looked, dead eyed, scruffy hair. A nervous blinking whenever someone would yell. The flinching. He'd hated it.

Now he stood. Proud.

Turning away from the mirror, he scraped his hair back away from his face. It had always annoyed him.

Thankfully, after a day in bed, the Love Potion had gone out of his system before he even needed the Antidote, meaning that he could now go to Slughorn's party, which was why he was wearing his finest suit.

Bunny had been slightly mad after finding out August had been given a love potion, "why didn't I get love potioned?" He asked crossly after August had made his full recovery.

"Wait, why are you mad that you didn't get love potioned?"

"Because!" He said loudly in their dormitory, throwing his hands up in the air, "I thought I was hot enough to be given one, but apparently not! Not even Sarah and her chocolates? Come on!" He exclaimed and Reinhardt had laughed at him.

"Guess August is just hot enough to get love potioned, better luck next time I guess," Reinhardt shrugged and ducked, just in time for Bunny to fling his pillow at him.

"Bastard," Bunny mumbled, but smiled, it hadn't affected him too much thankfully, nothing really lasted long for Bunny to be mad about, it would be fleeting.

Now, Bunny was pacing the room with a determined look on his face, causing his face to scowl, "so what're gonna do about the Olive situation?" He asked as August fumbled with his tie, he had never learned how to tie a tie unfortunately.

Bunny, having seen he was struggling, stumbled over worksheets and sweet wrappers and swatted his hands away from the mess that is his tie, his hands stinging from his hits.

August stayed deadly still, Bunny thumbed his tie a little, his breath hot against August, he didn't mind the closeness that came with being friends with Bunny anymore.

Maybe Bunny could cut his hair, at least then, he wouldn't get hit if he cried, nor would he be mad at his hands in his hair. He remembered once when Bunny had ruffled his hair, he didn't mind his hands. They were rough, yes, but also careful at the same time. He never would understand how.

"don't know, I could hurt her, get the message across that way." He mused, thinking of ways he could do that, of which these included: