11. Juno oh juno!

CHAPTER ELEVEN
JUNO, OH JUNO !

THE SKY WAS SURPRISINGLY A BRIGHT BLUE ONCE AUGUSTINE PUSHED OPEN THE CASTLE DOORS, READYING HIMSELF FOR HIS DATE WITH JUNO. He had momentarily looked up, just to check if their study date would be cut short by a storm whilst they lay beneath the trees next to the Black Lake.

But no, the sky was a baby blue, spotted with the fluffiest looking clouds Augustine had ever seen whilst back in England, though he'd never seen this sky either in France.

He trudged around the castle grounds, books in hand, as he went to the Black Lake. Juno had said she'd meet him there, so he quickly crossed the paths to make sure he wouldn't be late.

Though both Abraxas and Bunny had dampened his spirits as he walked. Both of them had been rather angry with him over the whole Juno nonsense. Sure, he was meant to help Abraxas with the healing test, but that could wait, and Bunny was just being Bunny.

When something didn't involve him, he would cause a scene.

He reached the Black Lake to see Juno, sitting on a picnic blanket, now sporting her quidditch gear paired with a Ravenclaw jumper. She had tied her hair up, causing loose blonde ringlets to tumble from her hair. She lifted her blonde head, obviously hearing him, a large grin broke out across her face.

"Hi august," she said airily, which surprised Augustine. She never sounded this... sweet.

He smiled as he approached her, setting his books down, he sat besides her. He was still pretty cold, even with the black wool jumper he was wearing.

"Are you alright?" He asked before flipping open one of his books. He didn't care to read it, all he could do was look into Juno's blue, doll eyes.

"Better now," she replied, a faint blush traveled to her cheeks, causing her to look down.

Augustine smiled, "and why's that?"

....

The hours flew by as they sat together, it was as if Augustine had wandered into a dream. They had laughed hard, joking about anything and everything, and Augustine realised he wasn't the same Augustine whilst he sat with her.

She made him different. He didn't know if he liked it or not.

"I can't believe you're still friends with him." She noted, quite suddenly.

"What do you mean?" Augustine asked, head snapping up from his book.

"Tom," she said, looking around, as if for some weird reason Tom would jump out a nearby bush.

He raised a brow, urging her to continue, because Augustine had no idea what Juno was talking about.

"He's been obsessed with you for ages, did you know that?" She then said in a whisper, her body leaning forward, cutting away the space between them.

Augustine bit back a smile, "obsessed? I know he wanted to be my friend for a while but I know why, he's already told me." He did, he remembered quite clearly that Tom wanted to be Augustine's friend because of his necromancy skills.

"did he? Did he tell you how obsessed he was with you that he wrote an entire essay about your family for history of magic last year?" She asked, eyebrows raised in judgement.