01. A return

CHAPTER ONE
A RETURN

AUGUSTINE WAS A BUNDLE OF NERVES WHEN THE CHAUFFEUR TOOK THEM TO KINGS CROSS STATION.

He hadn't slept the night prior, he'd been more interested in trying to stay awake for Tom.

They'd gotten into the hotel room a stumbling mess, his hands were desperately holding onto him as Tom managed to shut the door.

It had happened all at once, the overriding jealousy of Damian must've brought Tom to his senses, suddenly realising that this was the moment, no more lingering glances, no more uncertainty.

And as they barged into the room, Toms hands traveled to his jaw, pulling him close, just close enough so that Augustine could feel his controlled breaths.

The scene had stayed like that, nothing more for a moment, as if Tom was taking him in, through eyes alone.

Augustine had just stood there, waiting.

And then it finally happened.

Tom leaned even closer to him, closer that his nose touched his own. Then his hand brought Augustine's jaw closer.

Then his lips were on his.

Augustine hated comparing him to Bunny. But he had to, his brain forced him to.

Augustine thought of Bunny, thought of the violent kissing, compared to this. It wasn't as violent, seeing as Augustine had let him lead, whereas with Bunny, they fought against each other.

He didn't know why he let him lead, maybe because of his unearthly feel. A God should lead, not a mere man.

And as they kissed, Tom's hand traveled back down to where they rested on his hipbones, pushing him quite roughly to the bed.

It was as if Augustine's heart had finally started to beat properly, as he kissed back, keeping him close. He wanted to be so close they could merge, become one being.

The same kind of devouring urge he'd thought so often about. To become one completely, by taking him in fully. To kiss as though they are one.

To become him fully.

It was different seeing him ridden of the armour of white shirts and ties, he looked completely human, with dents and light scarring. He was just a boy underneath it all. Not a unearthly as he had originally thought.

Now, his head rested on his shoulder as they listened to the familiar hum of the car drive them to the station. Tom's hand carding through his hair gently, lulling him into a slumber.

....

It felt like years since he'd been back. Kings cross looked like it had always done, and his heart started to beat violently against his ribcage, why?

Because he saw Bunny in the distance.

Standing next to Abraxas and a tired looking Reinhardt. They were talking, well Bunny was talking and the rest were listening, boredom written across each of their features to an oblivious Bunny.

Theo and Flick were standing near the train, speaking quietly to each other, rather staying out of what Bunny was speaking of, Augustine couldn't blame them, Augustine didn't think he could stand even seeing Bunny.

If it were possible, he'd have walked over to him, taken the knife from his pocket out, and gutted him in front of everyone.

However, he'd be kicked out again. Or worse, he'd would be sent to Azkaban.

So instead, he took a breath, bracing himself as Bunny caught sight of him. His slack face turned bright as he saw Augustine.

"What the fuck happened to your hair?" was the first thing out of Bunny's mouth as Tom and Augustine neared the rest of the Knights.