17. Hogsmeade

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
HOGSMEADE

THE FIRST HOGSMEADE TRIP OF THE YEAR WAS TODAY. An autumn Saturday, it was windy, slightly dreary, but August was in good spirits.

For once in his life.

After what happened the night prior, a meeting with Circe, he'd totally forgotten about the trip. But seeing as he was friends again with Tom, he decided it would be a good day. A day filled with the Knights looking into shops, buying gifts for Christmas, as well as, no doubt about it, Bunny buying out the sweet shop.

He wrapped his woollen coat tightly around him, his hands shook from the cold, but he didn't mind, not at all. He smiled when he passed other students, even to the girls who normally would sneer at him.

It was the first time August had been able to leave Hogwarts, that was the main reason why he was so happy, he was starting to feel quite stuck living within the castle walls.

"Don't you look happy!" Bunny exclaimed just as jovially as he normally did once August entered the courtyard where the rest of the students who were going to Hogsmeade this morning stood.

Bunny, like everyone else, wore a massive jacket, almost too big for him, which was an incredible feat seeing as nothing was as big and wide as Bunny.

His slytherin scarf was wrapped around his neck, causing his face to be the only peice of flesh August could see of the boy. His cheeks and pointy nose were already pink from the icy winds, he could tell once he bounded up to him and hugged him in a bone crushing hug.

Then he tore himself away from him, jumping up to look past student's heads like an excitable dog. 

"Who're you looking for?" August asked curiously, also surveying the courtyard.

"The rest of 'em," he muttered annoyed, "they're meant to be here by now. . also . . don't be mad."

". . Why?" August asked confused, raising an eyebrow for Bunny to continue, he realised he doesn't need him to.

Olive Hornby was there.

She sauntered up to him, her dark hair swishing as her entourage followed behind her.

"Hello August, I was so excited when you wrote to me," she said smiling and August shot Bunny a warning glare.

"wrote to you?" He asked suspiciously, keeping his eyes on Bunny. Because he knew for a fact this was Bunny's doing when he saw Bunny's sheepish grin.

"He's been having memory problems don't mind him," Bunny replied hanging his arm over him, crushing under his weight, August smiled sympathetically.

"You told her how you'd love to take her to the three broomsticks for a date, just before Sluggy's, remember?" He said giving him a pointed look, it made him look like a pixie, with his pointed nose and big eyes.

"Ah, yes, I remember now." August replied stiffly, nodding with contempt, Bunny unlooped his arm from him, it made August sigh feeling the access weight off him. But after a while in Bunnys company, he didn't really mind his personal space issues.

In lessons without the other boy, he almost felt too light, lighter than a feather without the boy to lean on him.

Olive stood titling her head, "I've bought you something." Before she riffled through her book bag, a few moments later, she pulled out a box.

Chocolates.

"Oh, thank you." He stared at them oddly, Bunny nudged him signifying that he had to take them off her hands, which he did quickly. He stuffed them into his bag to rid them.