Ryan Drabble - 031

A/N: Was doing an edit this morning for this song and got an idea. So here we go. I hope i can get back to writing normally soon. I really do.

It was written all over your face, it had to have been. It was in the words you spoke, the way you smiled at the man. He was the only one who made you feel on air when walking into any place with him. His hand in yours? It made you feel like you could conquer the whole entire world.

He was it.

Every single gift he would give?

It meant the most to you, it was like some prized possession. Every single time you touched that gift, it felt the same as it did then. It made you smile. The way your heart swelled at the thought of the memory.

Now when you see them?

It makes you want to scream.

"Are they true?"

The way he'd wrap his arm around you, pull you into him in public and press a kiss to your forehead. It couldn't have been true and it's the way he would look at you, he could have stabbed you in the chest and you would have just let it go.

You would have smiled at the man, told him it was okay and you'd not mouth a word of his betrayal as long as he stayed here. As long as he gave the world to you, you'd be quiet.

You just wanted him.

He was the world and god, if you didn't want it all with him by your side.

His eyes just, they held all that you wanted and craved till that day.

The future you saw in the dangerous orbs of his, they shattered.

"Of course not. It's just rumors."

His arm could pull you to him, wrap around you and the way his heart beat? It seemed like it was for you. It beat the way yours did when he was around.

The way he made you feel?

It's nothing you could ever explain.

"You believe me, don't you?"

He could just speak your name and you'd fall right in. You didn't care if you couldn't breathe, you'd suffocate if it meant him being there. His hand was in yours and his only focus was on you.

You didn't care.

"I love you."

His lips against yours right, the world didn't matter.

It never had, not with him.

An arm tangles with yours, the touch not soft to the skin of yours. It doesn't give that same feeling that it did months before. It doesn't ignite your skin, it doesn't tingle or make you nervous just existing beside them.

"Come on, class is starting."

You look up to the brown eyes, nodding with a sadness as you turn to look back at the set of lockers where the boy stood. His long brown hair tucked behind his ear, one hand holding his books while the other tucks the red hair behind the girl's ear.

His soft smile spread wide as he stares at the face in front of him.

"Come on, i'll walk you."

You nod, tears flooding your vision as the set of familiar eyes find yours.

A stranger now sits behind them.

His focus going back to the girl, the same smile reappearing.