Chris - Drabble #18

Chris rubs the sleeping infant of three week's cheek, feeling a tug of pure admiration at his heart when the little one smiles in it's sleep. He can't believe he ever thought he didn't want to be a dad, he thinks to himself. This precious infant in his arms asleep and smiling at him, its all he really needs in this life.

"She really is a sweet one, huh?"

You smile as you take the empty space beside Chris. Eyes wide and awake but Chris knowing deep down how exhausted you must be.

He nods, looking up to you and giving a smile wider then you have ever seen it.

"She is perfect babe."

He whispers as he looks back down to his little girl.

He runs his eyes over the little girl, black hair, the brown eyes that turn to honey in the sun. Her cry that sounds just like she could be a screamer in some metal band like her father.

She's absolutely perfect even if she was spitting image of you. He is still so in love with her. The infant stretches in her sleep, her little hand coming down to rest where Chris's finger still rubs at her cheek and grabbing it. Her grip tight as she holds his index finger.

"She is all i ever need in this world. Besides you baby. I would give it up all for her. If she ever asked me too."

He looks towards where you sit, admiring the scene before you.

"If she ever expressed daddy was never here enough and i would give it up all for her."

He is sure. He would. He loves his job. This lifestyle he has is a dream to others and he got lucky but if it means seeing everything special happen to his little angel as she grows up, he'll take that over the music anyday.