Chris Drabble #23

Her head rests perfectly along his shoulder, her hand resting at his waistline. While he will never admit his true feelings towards her, he can't help but feel his heart skip at the fact alone his best friend since childhood is curled into him. It's when her legs are now resting in his lap that he realizes she is asleep. The hand gripping his worn out black craft t shirt, he looks towards Ricky only to find him looking back with a look of his own.

One Chris knows well.

Ricky looks towards the girl with the black hair, tattoos on display. Mainly the skeleton skull that had some song lyric above it. Just like his best friend, she held music to her heart with such a passion like most have with life. She was so similar to Chris yet so different. As he stated time and time again, she is the perfect puzzle piece missing in his life.

Chris can't even focus on the movie anymore. His mind is on her, the way she is at comfort with him. The way she is clinging to him like it's never been an issue. It never had been. It's sharing a bunk with her due to the fact all the other bunks are called for that Chris had really had time to think about it.

The reality had hit him like any other major point of his life. Any shifting moment with such a precious masterpiece and pressure point.

It's as his arm curls around her and pulls her into him that he sees it. The reality of it all.

He turns to look at Ricky with the realization of it all. Ricky raises an eyebrow and catches on the moment his blues lock to Chris.

"I'm gonna tell her."

Chris speaks up, "I'm gonna tell her i'm in love with her."

He looks down to where she lays.