Ryan - Drabble #1

Life is out to get you. That's how it feels anyway. It's a little frustrating, you don't even know what you did to get cursed or fucked or whatever. You just know you aren't leaving this bed, not for the weekend at least. Dodging the plans you and the friends of yours made a couple weeks prior, you really do feel bad but you can't handle another mental breakdown from everything. You are almost positive that the next thing to go wrong, you will snap.

Sighing, you throw the covers off your body and grabbing your phone that's tucked between the two pillows to check the time.

You aren't surprised it's noon or the fact Ryan's name is on the screen from the twenty missed calls and the few texts. He had been worried and you can't blame him, you aren't yourself.

Letting out another sigh, you shift again and slid the phone back in your pillows settling for another nap. You'll respond to your boyfriend later.

The shuffling across the room wakes you up, you don't know who it is or what it is. Last you remembered, Ryan normally locks the front door when he leaves. If it's someone with a thrill to kill you, boy oh boy they would be disappointed. You aren't gonna put up a fight; you are exhausted.

Seeing the frame of the person, you let out a breath of relief. Ryan slids off his boots and pants climbing into the bed beside you. Frowning a little as he sees you still in bed. He just wishes he knew how to help you feel better. He hates he doesn't know much to do to help. He is helpless almost.

"What time is it?"

You rasp, watching as he checks his phone on the bedside table, "Five in the afternoon."

He already knows you slept all day, it's a given. He knows how you get. He knows how you cope and he does his best to not chew into you, he knows it won't help. He knows how it is for him. He doesn't want to hear what he needs to do, but would rather hear how he is doing good and how someone cares enough to be there. To see that in general, it helps more then people realize.

"Baby, do you need me to do anything?"

Finding his brown eyes, you nod. It's the only thing you can think of. It's the very thing that makes you feel comfort and safe. He raises an eyebrow waiting for you to say something. Nodding when he sees you pat the empty space right beside you, "Cuddle."

He slips under the covers, adjusting them to fit over your body and his. Stretching one arm out, you scoot into his body and hmm at the feel of his skin on yours. The warmth, the feeling you missed. The empty bed sucks especially when you aren't sure you can make it through this alone. He presses a kiss to the top of your head, smiling when you coo at the contact.

"Baby girl, i'm so proud of you. I am so proud of you for making it through today. You are strong and you can do this babe. I got you beautiful."

He whispers as he rests his cheek on the top of your head.
If only he knew how much that alone, how much it really means to you.