31. GOD AND ANGEL

~ KENMA ~

~ KENMA ~

"No, that's not what I meant! If anything, that's the opposite."

"What's wrong with tyranny?" Fire asked in full seriousness. "Okay, communism, then."

"No, Fire. No." I sighed exasperatedly, not liking where this conversation was going. Although I had already explained my idea once in full detail, she didn't seem to understand the ranking concept. Therefore, I had no choice by to restart and hope for the best. "Alright, here we go again."

"You know about the medieval hierarchy structure, right? How they believed in the Great Chain of Being, with God at the top, followed by the King, the Church, court officials and so on? Of course, you do! I've already explained it to you. So essentially, instead of "elite", "master" and "legendary", I'm implementing this alternative rank system."

"Basically you want to... regress societal evolution?"

"Patience, child, I'm not done yet." I hushed her again, before continuing. "The general idea of the game remains the same, I'm merely replacing the shit ranking system with an improved one. Of course, only a single player can obtain the title of God, and up to fifty Kings. As the status decreases, the number of people in the rank increases. Makes sense, right?"

"Yes, so far."

And that was good enough for me to carry on. "However, I'm adding another rank between God and the Kings: Angel. There can only be one, and similar to the Christian concept, the Angel must be the God's teammate. Therefore, if a God falls, so does the Angel. Only Kings are able to challenge the God and Angel, who must accept within a week."

"So everything works the same way from... what was it again? Peasants?"

"You're on the right track."

"Alright, so from Peasants to Kings, you have to grind to rise in ranks, like any other game. Except there's a limit to how many players are allowed in each rank. But only two players can be the God and Angel, and they have to be the number one and number two of the game."

"Yes! Precisely!" I was overjoyed that Fire was finally beginning to understand the concept. Time to move onto the next part. "And, as I've said before, the God has advantages. For as long as the player holds the position, they are given the power to control the weapon meta. Only to a certain extent, of course."

"See? That's tyranny."

"Yes, exact... Wait, no! How?"

"The concept is pretty fair to be honest, but with you as the starting God, it'd be near impossible for someone to take your place. And not to mention, you having full control over the meta means it's over for everyone else."

I smiled. "Actually, I had a change of mind. I'm thinking of you as the God."

"What? Why?" She asked, seemingly confused. "Dude, I'm a sniper."