39. DELUSIONAL

~ KENMA ~

~ KENMA ~

"So neither of you decided to wake me?" I asked Kuroo again, as we walked to school. There was no training this morning, in fact, there were no extracurricular activities for the entire week, due to exams. 

I was also a little curious about what he and Shiro talked about that night, though I couldn't bring myself to ask. I mean, what did those two even have in common? I assumed it was probably just idle conversation and occasional banter, yet I couldn't help but feel as though I had missed out on something.

"You were in desperate need of sleep," he replied dryly. "Speaking of which, you hardly get any these days."

"Yet you have no problem trespassing and dragging my ass out of bed when we have training." Talk about double standards. 

"That is a complete different matter. With the tournament coming up, training is highly important, unlike gaming. Besides, night is for sleep and morning is for productivity." He lectured. "Therefore, waking you up for training is completely justified.

Although I knew he had a point, I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction. It was too early in the day to admit to defeat. "Oh, I'm sure it is."

"Teenagers these days." Kuroo sighed, shaking his head in disapproval.

"Shut up, old man."

He seemed to always forget that he was also a teenager. I suppressed a smile. It was funny yet mildly annoying at the same time. However, I was grateful that at least one of us had some sort of maturity. Without Kuroo keeping me in check, I most likely would've failed all my classes and dropped out of school.

"How are you feeling?" He asked randomly.

"In general? Or about my exams?"

"What do you think? The latter, of course."

I had hoped he wouldn't ask. "Let's just say, I wouldn't be surprised if I do badly." If the amount of preparation was going have a directly proportional relationship to the results, I should be expecting some tragic grades. 

"Did you not study?" He sounded more concerned than my parents. 

"Should be enough to pass, but don't get your hopes up."

We walked the rest of the way to school in comfortable silence, parting with a knowing glance to each other before heading to our respective classrooms.

Just as the teacher was taking attendance, Shiro rushed in and found her usual seat in front of me. She had missed the last week so I was glad to see her recovered and back at school, in time for exams. I had initially wanted to talk to her, check up on her, ask her how she was feeling and whatnot, but the test papers were already being handed out. It wouldn't be wise to test a teacher's patience this early in the morning, especially during exam season, so I no option but to wait until next period.