2. DEFUSE

~ SHIRO ~

~ SHIRO ~

I groaned, hearing the annoying sound of my alarm. It's 7:00 already?

Reluctantly, I willed myself out of bed. Today was going to be one long, exhausting, utterly pointless day. I am so excited.

Quickly, I brushed my teeth and got dressed in my school uniform. I've always hated the skirts. They made me feel so self conscious. I glanced at my reflection in the mirror. Oh god, bad idea. I looked truly horrendous. My sickly pale skin looked like it hadn't seen sunlight in a solid forty years. I haven't even been alive for that long. Hell, I don't think I even plan on being alive for that long. Large, bug-like eyes stared out from behind my fringe. I need a haircut. But I really can't be bothered.

I quit staring at my pathetic self, and went downstairs. I hurriedly grabbed my bag and headed out, ready to endure a torturous day of school.

Upon arriving, I could already feel the judgemental eyes on me. I took a deep breath. Calm down, they can't do shit to you. Just keep your head down and get to class.

Halfway down the corridor, I felt myself collide into a rather hard surface. What the... who put a wall here? Then I realised it wasn't a wall. Fuck.

"Hey, you right there?" A dark haired boy smirked down at me. Nakamura Eito. I really did have shit luck.

"Sorry," I mumbled, trying to go around him. He shifted to the side, blocking my path again.

"What was that?" He took another step towards me.

"Do you mind moving?" I asked with a hint of annoyance in my voice.

Instead, he ignored it, and closed in on me, forcing me back into the wall. I scowled. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" 

"Aw, Shiro, why must you be so cold? We've been in the same class for two years."

And that puts us on first name basis? This guy was unbelievable. At this moment, I was regretting every decision I'd ever made, that landed me in this drop-out class. Seeing me uncomfortable just seemed to make Eito happy. This was his form of entertainment.

"Hey, cut it out!"

I turned to see a group of boys approaching. The third year, Kuroo Tetsurou, glared down menacingly at Eito. At that, he backed off from me, and scurried away like the coward he was. Oh great, now everyone's watching. At Nekoma, the volleyball team had quite a reputation. Especially their captain, Kuroo, who was the centre of every girl's attention. Or at least that was what it looked like. The moment he gets involved in something, the entire hallway drops whatever they were doing to watch, as if it was a spectator sport.