c h a p t e r f o r t y n i n e

𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖻𝗈𝗈𝗄 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗌 𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗈𝖿 𝖽𝗋𝗎𝗀 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖺𝗅𝖼𝗈𝗁𝗈𝗅 𝖺𝖻𝗎𝗌𝖾, 𝖺𝗌𝗌𝗎𝗅𝗍, 𝗏𝗂𝗈𝗅𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾, 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗆𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗋𝖺𝖼𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗌 𝗂𝗇 𝖺𝗌𝗌𝗈𝖼𝗂𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖫𝖦𝖡𝖳𝖰𝖨𝖠+ 𝖢𝗈𝗆𝗆𝗎𝗇𝗂𝗍𝗒. 𝖨𝖿 𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗌𝖾 𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖻𝖾 𝗍𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗀𝖾𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗈𝗋 𝖽𝗈 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖽𝗈 𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝖺𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗆, 𝖨 𝗐𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖺𝖽𝗏𝗂𝗌𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗈 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗉 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀.

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦 - 𝘔𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘕𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

adrian

My life was...something else. In all fairness, I probably should've come to that realization many, many months ago but no, the epiphany struck me on a Monday night well past 10 PM when I was sitting in the kitchen in complete darkness munching on Reese's Puffs while on Houseparty with all my friends. The darkness was an ultimate necessity because it was my disguise away from my brothers. I didn't want them to know I was still awake. The guards that were patrolling around paid no mind to me, occasionally walking through the kitchen and seeing me being all creepy in the dark before carrying on their merry way.

Anyway, during the conversation we were having about Joe hard school is, I heard noise from down the hall. Common sense told me to turn off my camera, lower the volume of my phone and switch it off so the light wouldn't alert anyone that I was there. Fast forward a few quick footsteps to the entrance further away from the where I heard the noise, I felt something touch my back.

I screamed. Correction, I tried to scream but a hand muffled the sound.

I fought in whoever it was arms' until a flashlight switched on. It lit up the kitchen and the three dweebs all standing in front of me with equally as panicked looks on their faces.

The struggling stopped because I knew then that the only person who could've been holding me was Blake.

He chose that moment to lean down to my ear level, "You done?"

I nodded frantically.

He let go and I took in a gulp of air in through my mouth, trying to calm my racing heart.

"What the hell are you guys doing?!" I hissed.

"What are we doing?!" Kaden matched my tone, "What are you doing?! You're the one being creepy, sitting in the kitchen alone in the dark!" He whisper-exclaimed.

"So you guys wouldn't know I was in the kitchen!" I matched his tone.

"Both of you shut up or all of us might get caught!" Hayes matched our tone.

"Uh huh, and what am I going to be caught doing? Eating cereal because I was hungry?" I quirked a smug brow, "You guys, on the other hand..." I trailed off open-endedly.

"Haha," Avery drawled, "you wouldn't."

He was right.

But I didn't want him knowing that.

"Wouldn't I?"

"Yeah, you wouldn't unless you want certain someone's finding out you ditched class to sit in the bathroom and listen in on our conversations like a little stalker." He threatened.