c h a p t e r o n e

𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖻𝗈𝗈𝗄 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗌 𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗈𝖿 𝖽𝗋𝗎𝗀 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖺𝗅𝖼𝗈𝗁𝗈𝗅 𝖺𝖻𝗎𝗌𝖾, 𝖺𝗌𝗌𝗎𝗅𝗍, 𝗏𝗂𝗈𝗅𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾, 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗆𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗋𝖺𝖼𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗌 𝗂𝗇 𝖺𝗌𝗌𝗈𝖼𝗂𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖫𝖦𝖡𝖳𝖰𝖨𝖠+ 𝖢𝗈𝗆𝗆𝗎𝗇𝗂𝗍𝗒. 𝖨𝖿 𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗌𝖾 𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖻𝖾 𝗍𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗀𝖾𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗈𝗋 𝖽𝗈 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖽𝗈 𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝖺𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗆, 𝖨 𝗐𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖺𝖽𝗏𝗂𝗌𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗈 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗉 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀.

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘖𝘯𝘦 - 𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘎𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘪𝘯 𝘓𝘈

adrian

I sighed and dropped my head. Disappointment filled me, followed by fear. It clawed at me and I found myself wishing for the wall behind me to swallow me whole. It had been an excruciatingly long and tiring twenty four hours and all I wanted to was to go to my new home and sleep.

I had been sitting LAX for half an hour, waiting for one of my new-found brothers to pick me. I had texted the two whose numbers that I had, Luciano and Darius, and in return received no response. The thoughts had me fishing my phone out of the back pocket of my jeans hoping for a response, but I sighed when there was still none.

The phone was then back to being shoved deep in my pocket and I used my AirPods to turn up the music playing.

Just twenty four hours ago, I had officially become an orphan and found out my entire my entire life was a lie up until yesterday.

I remembered the cops knocking on the house door at 9 PM. I was shocked, thinking that they knew something about what my dad was doing to me. They didn't know anything though. They came to tell me that my dad's body was found dumped in a river.

The news was a shock to me. I never thought I would ever be free of that monster, then it happened.

The next day I was at home like normal as school hadn't started yet and my guidance counselor, Aiden Morales, who was pretty much the only remnants of family I had left, sat me down in the living room and told me that my dad had passed away. I told him that I already knew so Aiden told me how my dad died.

He had disappeared from the house for three nights and then the previous day his car was found crashed into a tree and his body dumped in a river a few miles away with ten stab wounds littering his back and twelve more on his front with six stab wounds on each of his legs. He got stabbed to death thirty four times. His body was found at the bottom of the river by some teenagers, and whoever committed the murder knew what they were doing because his lungs were deflated s his body wouldn't float up to the surface.

Strangely enough, I didn't feel anything when Aiden told me the new news. I didn't feel an loss, or sorrow, or grief. I felt a calming sense of freedom. I felt free from the abusive shell of a man that was once my dad and that made me feel horrible. It made me feel horrible because no one deserved to die like that, not even monster like my dad.

Aiden was worried at the lack of emotion I showed towards my dad's death and he voiced his thoughts. I gave a very cryptic response, saying that I lost my dad a year after I lost my mom. Aiden had asked me to elaborate, but I changed the subject somehow and he moved on, however still harboring hat concerned look in his eyes.