c h a p t e r f o r t y s i x

𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖻𝗈𝗈𝗄 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗌 𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗈𝖿 𝖽𝗋𝗎𝗀 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖺𝗅𝖼𝗈𝗁𝗈𝗅 𝖺𝖻𝗎𝗌𝖾, 𝖺𝗌𝗌𝗎𝗅𝗍, 𝗏𝗂𝗈𝗅𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾, 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗆𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗋𝖺𝖼𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗌 𝗂𝗇 𝖺𝗌𝗌𝗈𝖼𝗂𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖫𝖦𝖡𝖳𝖰𝖨𝖠+ 𝖢𝗈𝗆𝗆𝗎𝗇𝗂𝗍𝗒. 𝖨𝖿 𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗌𝖾 𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖻𝖾 𝗍𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗀𝖾𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗈𝗋 𝖽𝗈 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖽𝗈 𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝖺𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗆, 𝖨 𝗐𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖺𝖽𝗏𝗂𝗌𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗈 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗉 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀.

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘚𝘪𝘹 - 𝘈𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

adrian

"THAT'S WHY I NEED A ONE DANCE, GOT A HENNESSEY IN MY HAND, ONE MORE TIME 'FORE I GO, HIGHER POWERS TAKING A HOLD ON ME!" The music blaring through the speakers along with eighty-some-odd thirteen year olds and fourteen year olds screaming the lyrics undoubtedly blurred out every single person's thoughts in that backyard, mine included.

I was conscious of everything around me. The mass of clothes I kept stepping on when I moved, my own lab coat and residency badge lost in there too, other people's bodies brushing against my own, the heat of the vape in my hand every time I took and pull -which I knew was wrong and defying my brothers in every single way but I couldn't find it in me to care. I had followed every one of their rules since living with them and I was finally breaking one- and the heat of Camila's side pressed up against my own as the two of us jumped around like crazy people in time with the music.

The backyard was decorated like something out of a movie. A platform stood the at the back the held the DJ, her equipment and strobe lights laid out on the floor next to her that were shinning on us.

The inside of Kobe's house may have been haunted for the night but the outside was the epitome of party.

Snack tables were laid out against the outside of the house, a never ending variety of everything that would suit every person's taste. The drinks were just as exotic, having things I had never even heard of before.

Another thing I was hyper aware of was the Pipeline Punch Monster that spilled everytime I moved which I ignored entirely and took another long pull of the custard concentrate that Kobe assured housed zero nicotine.

The vape belonged to Kobe, something his parents knew nothing about but they were nowhere to be seen. The maids on duty were outside with all of us making sure the chaos didn't go beyond chaotic and reach catastrophic.

"SHE'S STILL ADD IT!" I heard the loud voice in front of me. I looked away from the DJ and Kendall was there filming me blowing the smoke out of my nose. I laughed, throwing my head back and letting the last of the smoke out through my lips while flipping the camera off.

"BESTIE THAT'S GOING ON MY STORY!"

"DO MY BROTHERS FOLLOW YOU?"

"FUCK NO!"

"THEN GO RIGHT AHEAD!" I gulped down a mouthful of Monster.

Somehow the vape ended up out of my hands in Camila's while I stood right at the front of the circle formed around Mike -and much to my entire friend groups dismay- Callum Hurdst, one of the assholes that got me suspended.