c h a p t e r t w e n t y

𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖻𝗈𝗈𝗄 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗌 𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗈𝖿 𝖽𝗋𝗎𝗀 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖺𝗅𝖼𝗈𝗁𝗈𝗅 𝖺𝖻𝗎𝗌𝖾, 𝖺𝗌𝗌𝗎𝗅𝗍, 𝗏𝗂𝗈𝗅𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾, 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗆𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗋𝖺𝖼𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗌 𝗂𝗇 𝖺𝗌𝗌𝗈𝖼𝗂𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖫𝖦𝖡𝖳𝖰𝖨𝖠+ 𝖢𝗈𝗆𝗆𝗎𝗇𝗂𝗍𝗒. 𝖨𝖿 𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗌𝖾 𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖻𝖾 𝗍𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗀𝖾𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗈𝗋 𝖽𝗈 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖽𝗈 𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝖺𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗆, 𝖨 𝗐𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖺𝖽𝗏𝗂𝗌𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗈 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗉 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀.

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 - 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘴

adrian

I sighed and leaned my head against the wall behind me. I was standing in front of the cafeteria where my brothers told me to wait for them before lunch.

It was honestly ridiculous and every time someone walked by, they would stare at me weirdly and whisper to their friends as they walked in. What was even worse, and more intimidating in my opinion, was the fact that the only people walking into the cafeteria was kids in my grade and Seniors.

I looked down the hall and groaned when I still saw none of my brothers. It felt like I had been waiting for them for hours, when in reality it was only a few very long minutes.

The click of heels had me looking back down the hall. I rolled my eyes when I saw who it was and looked back at the wall across from the one I was leaning against.

There came Ashley Howard, the Regina George of Cambridge High. I met her this morning when I was forced to hang out with my brothers and their attention seeking friends before class and Ashley immediately took a major disliking towards me and I had no idea why. I mean, I never even talked to her.

She was the practical definition of basic white girl Barbie doll in her with her blonde hair and blue eyes. The clothes she wore only emphasized that with a white tube top and her pink, plaid mini-skirt with a matching jacket. She had her posse of two behind her since I saw her this morning and that wasn't any different now while she strutted into the cafeteria in her black 6" heels.

Before she walked into the cafeteria, she stopped in front of me with her ginger-haired, green-eyed and black-haired, brown-eyes friend, stupid smirks on all of their faces.

"Hey, new girl." Ashley smirked at me.

I didn't respond, instead keeping my head trained on my sneakers. The really expensive sneakers that Ryder wasted a lot of money buying because they caught my eye.

"Hey, I'm talking to you." Ashley snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"Yes, I heard." I hissed, looking up at her with an icey cold glare. "I just don't particularly care."

She wasn't my brothers and I wasn't living in her house under her rules, therefore I didn't give a fuck about pissing her off or not because there's nothing she could do or say to me that I haven't felt or heard before.

"Oh, so the little girl does have a mouth on her." Ashley laughed mockingly at me and smirked at her friends, Caitlyn and Adelaide I think.