c h a p t e r e i g h t e e n

𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖻𝗈𝗈𝗄 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗌 𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗈𝖿 𝖽𝗋𝗎𝗀 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖺𝗅𝖼𝗈𝗁𝗈𝗅 𝖺𝖻𝗎𝗌𝖾, 𝖺𝗌𝗌𝗎𝗅𝗍, 𝗏𝗂𝗈𝗅𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾, 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗆𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗋𝖺𝖼𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗌 𝗂𝗇 𝖺𝗌𝗌𝗈𝖼𝗂𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖫𝖦𝖡𝖳𝖰𝖨𝖠+ 𝖢𝗈𝗆𝗆𝗎𝗇𝗂𝗍𝗒. 𝖨𝖿 𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗌𝖾 𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖻𝖾 𝗍𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗀𝖾𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗈𝗋 𝖽𝗈 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖽𝗈 𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝖺𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗆, 𝖨 𝗐𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖺𝖽𝗏𝗂𝗌𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗈 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗉 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀.

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 - 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵

adrian

The next morning, I woke up tangled in my covers and dreading the day ahead. Everything that happened yesterday was still fresh in my mind and I did not want to face my brothers at all.
adrian

I got out of bed and picked out clothes from my closet, going straight to my bathroom. I did my business and came out wearing an over-sized Marvel hoodie, black skinny jeans and a pair of black and white Nike Air Force. Leaving my hair in it's natural waves, I made my bed quickly and left my room.

The house was completely silent. When I neared the kitchen, there wasn't a single sound coming from that direction. Considering it was 7 AM, I thought at least Reece or Phoenix would be awake but no. The one person who I did not expect to see in the kitchen was seated at the island with an empty plate of whatever he had for breakfast in front of him.

"Jesus, what happened to your face?" I asked Xander, mild concern seeping into my voice but not enough for him to notice.

"Nothing." Xander answered gruffly, brushing it off.

I didn't think having a bruised cheek and busted lip was nothing but I didn't say anything more.

"Reece left you a plate of breakfast in the microwave." Xander nodded his head in the direction of the microwave.

"Thanks." I mumbled and walked over to the microwave. A plate with two slices of avacado toast sat in the middle of the microwave and I grabbed it, sitting at the island opposite Xander.

The silence around us was tense and awkward and I could not deal with it, "Where's everyone else?" I looked up at Xander.

"Work and school." He answered me while he stood up. "Darius and Luciano are here up on the fourth floor." That information was useless to me considering I wasn't allowed on the fourth floor so basically, it was just Xander and I at home.

Xander went to the sink and rinsed his plate, putting in the dishwasher and I took a small nibble of my toast, still not feeling all that comfortable about eating in front of someone even if their back is faced to me.

"Adrian." I looked at Xander who was back to standing where his previous seat was across from me. I didn't respond to him so he kept talking. "I'm sorry."

Another apology. I was exhausted from hearing so many apologies from my brothers because they kept fucking up.

"Saturday night, the night in the medical bay, hell, even yesterday, I'm so fucking sorry about all of it." Guilt and regret. That's what I heard and that's what I saw on Xander's face.

Even if his apology is genuine, it wasn't going to make me forgive him right away. He hurt me, they hurt me and I wasn't going to forgive them that easily but at least he had the nerve to actually apologize.