c h a p t e r t w e l v e

𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖻𝗈𝗈𝗄 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗌 𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗈𝖿 𝖽𝗋𝗎𝗀 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖺𝗅𝖼𝗈𝗁𝗈𝗅 𝖺𝖻𝗎𝗌𝖾, 𝖺𝗌𝗌𝗎𝗅𝗍, 𝗏𝗂𝗈𝗅𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾, 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗆𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗋𝖺𝖼𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗌 𝗂𝗇 𝖺𝗌𝗌𝗈𝖼𝗂𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖫𝖦𝖡𝖳𝖰𝖨𝖠+ 𝖢𝗈𝗆𝗆𝗎𝗇𝗂𝗍𝗒. 𝖨𝖿 𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗌𝖾 𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖻𝖾 𝗍𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗀𝖾𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗈𝗋 𝖽𝗈 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖽𝗈 𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝖺𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗆, 𝖨 𝗐𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖺𝖽𝗏𝗂𝗌𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗈 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗉 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀.

TW: SA

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦 - 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘔𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳

adrian

Fear. That is what I felt when I stood in front of the doors of my "home". It wasn't a home though. The monster lived here.

If was a home when my mom was here, it was a home when the monster was dormant, but now I find this house the place I would rather run away from than ever step inside, but life is never on my side.

I tried running away once but the monster caught me and I was given the worst punishment of my life.

Slowly and cautiously, I reached my hand out and turned the door handle. I pushed the door open, the disgusting smell hitting me at full force. Weed, alcohol and cigarette smoke are the only three things I've been smelling in this house for the past year.

Slowly and softly, I closed the door behind me, trying not to alert the monster of my presence. I walked into the living room where I heard noise and there he was, passed out on the couch with a half drank beer bottle clutched tightly in his hand and the TV on and forgotten.

I mentally sighed in relief, thanking God that he was asleep. I turned around to go to my room and stood on a cracked beer bottle. The glass crunched under my weight and I froze. I heard shuffling from the couch and I turned around. The monster shifted, incoherent words leaving his lips but his eyes remained closed.

I heard two decipherable words leave his lips, "Andrea, no!"

The monster is dreaming about her. He's dreaming about my mom. He doesn't have the right to dream about her. My mom was a caring and a good person and he's a monster. He shouldn't be allowed to even think about her.

Casting one last sour look at the sleeping monster, I slowly lifted my leg off of the broken glass and placed one foot in front of the door. Silently, I crept up the stairs until I reached my room. Heaving a sigh of relief, I slowly dropped my backpack on the ground so I wouldn't make any noise.

Slowly, I sat down on my bed and contemplated on whether I should do my homework or not. The answer was not because I had to make food for the monster before he woke up.

Slowly, I opened my room door and crept down the stairs again. Walking straight past the living room, I stood in he doorway of the kitchen and gagged at the smell that hit me. It was rotten food and the trashcan that was stacked past the brim with overloading trash. Dirty dished piled over the sink and coated the counter tops and the kitchen floor was messed with stuff that I didn't even know the name to.