Battling the Kings of Mines

When we finally got to driftveil city,  it when we got there, the gym leader, clay, said he had important matters to attend to. He said later, he tells us he and his crew are searching for a new vein in his mine. We tell him we'll be in the Pokémon center. At a market we meet the hero  The Mighty Accelguard And his accelgor. We helped him stop a crew no as team vanilite.  Then we met up with Cilan brother chili, he felt that he needed to get stronger. We help him learn the move solar beam. And when we tried it ask for another gym battle he still had more trouble with revival herbs.  So we decided to help him get the herbs, heading to an island meeting Luis, then we discovered team rocket were stealing the Legendary Pokémon Landurous, thunderous, tornadous. We saved them and help them landurous save the island defeating the others. Now getting  replenished revival herb and return to the gym.

Ash: hello

Grim: anyone in their

Then the doors open and we see a large man. Dressed as a miner.

Man: and what might you want

Ash: I did what clay ask 

Ash shows them the revival herb

Ash: we brought back plenty of revival herbs, he promised we battle if we did

Grim: yep

Man: I understand, please follow me

They enter the gym, it was a long walk to an elevator. 

Man: go in

Ash: come on

Pikachu: pika

Grim: yeah

Gligar: gli 

They entered the elevator as it goes down. As in really down. The man mock our Pokémon being cute and small. Then says clays Pokémon are extremely powerful and laughed. But it only intrigued ash and grim. The elevator finally goes down as they run down the tunnel. Then they see clay and miner

Ash: hey there clay

Grim: hey clay

Clay: well you kids are back, you brought any revival herbs 

Ash: here

Clay grabs the back and looks.

Clay: hm, now that's impressive. Here get this to the ones that need it.

Man: I'll do it right away 

Ash: so can we please battle right now

Clay: off course I always keep my promises. You will go first kid

Grim: wait why ash

Clay: that's easy, he ask first

Grim: ugh oh course 

Clay: now let's how good you are at battling as you are herb gathering.

He laughs they follow him through the tunnel at the end there was a wall. Clay then swings his pickaxe. But it was anticlimactic as he just pressed a button. And the large doors coated in rock color opened and revealed a bright flash. Out of the flash was the gym battlefield. We took our stands and ash got on the field as well as clay. 

Referee: the battle between ash the challenge and clay the gym leader is about to get under way. Each side will have three Pokémon and the battle is over when all three Pokémon are unable to continue. Furthermore only the challenger can substitute Pokémon.