Chapter 4.

[ depressing Storytime]

[ Author POV ] 

It was 5:50 and Jackson was already in front of the cafe. It was so unusual for him; To arrive early and being so interested in someone just on the first meet. He didn't like her, at least he told himself that, but all his life he's been drawn towards things that have some mystery behind them. Something that requires passion, adventure, wilderness but also is as calm and soothing as rain, something that you can't resist, can't help but get up and go behind it; Something that calls his soul, Just like the challenges in soccer, the curiosity in history, the suspense in literature and all of this was to his surprise bottled up in this new girl. He wanted to unfold every little detail of her to see how she truly is. When he looked into her eyes, he could tell she not what she shows and he was determined to find it out. Why? Nobody knows...        (we know though idiot)

He was in his thoughts when someone taps his shoulder. Sara. "Heyy, Wanna go inside?" She asked a little less enthusiastic as usual. Jackson nodded and followed her, they both took a seat, ordered coffee and Jackson could sense something is wrong. "Before I tell you anything, can I trust you? Because this is my sister we're talking about and even though we are cousins, she means the world to me." "I promise Sara, now please tell me what's going on?" 

She took a deep breath and started,

"Last summer, we as in- me and my family were at her place just to hang out. Vienne and I were in her room and her dad went to pick her mom up. An hour later we go downstairs to see my parents panicking just then Vienne gets a call from the hospital-" She stops herself and Jackson looks down, nodding, getting what she's trying to say. Sara clears her throat and continues, " The story isn't over yet. She completely shut herself down, my parents became her legal custody and she moved in with us. She hardly came out until school started and Vienne got her distraction - Cheerleading. She just started being herself again, everything was going great until Taylor and Stella happened. 

She started dating this guy, he was kinda popular, and mind that this was her first relationship. She was happy, with her bestfriend and boyfriend and she got the lead in the team until the last day of school. We had a basket ball match, she was doing her routine, you should've seen her- she looked the happiest she had been in a year but seems like fate isn't on her side. The girls lifted her up and she looked in the stands to see her best friend and boyfriend snogging their faces off. I could see the color draining from her face. I looked at the direction along with all the other people who noticed and it was pretty obvious why she lost balance and fell down. She embarrassed herself, broke her ankle and both those fucking assholes left like nothing happened." 

Jackson listened to her, disbelieving that someone could go through so much shit. He never felt so empathic towards anyone before, but somehow that girl and her story stirred something in him. "That day Stella and Taylor had the audacity to visit her in the hospital, they had some conversation that I still don't know till date but whatever it was, changed her. She stopped dancing which to be honest was a shock to all of us. Jackson, Vienne was never EVER like this. She was carefree, wild, she used to listen to her heart, drench herself in rain, do crazy stuff in public, and live to her fullest. I haven't seen her this side in a long time Jackson, she barely smiles if we ignore her fake ones.

This was a lot to take in, first a very depressing story and then a shy, mysterious *pretty* girl like Vienne who doesn't even open her mouth other than rambling the whole history book could possibly be like her? 

"I'll help you." Words leaving his mouth without him knowing, he cursed under his breath. Sara frowned and he continued, "if she really was like this, I'll help you bring your old sister back." "And why would you do that?.. Wait, why were even so interested to know about my sister?" Sara leaned forward on the table with a snoopy grin, a faint intuition lighting her mind. "No reason, I-  I just feel bad and want to help." "Accept it Jackson, YOU like my sister, ever heard of love at first sight? I mean she dresses pretty boring now but still looks fire, she's cute and even cuter in her glasses and if you see her dancing you'll-" her blabbering is stopped by a tissue roll on her head! "Can you please shut up?" he scolds but couldn't control his laugh. "Seeeeeee, Is the smarty soccer guy blushing?" 

He did not realize but he was. He couldn't help but think about all she said, well she does look cute, and glasses? Well that sounds different. Also he kinda wanted to see her dance as well after hearing Sara's praises. Dang what's happening? He did not realize but he was staring at his coffee cup but when he did he also noticed Sara with a 'I knew it' look on her face. " Ahem so um, yeah, I- I'll- we'll plan something, a-and I gotta go? Um.. see you later." A flustered Jackson left the cafe where Sara was still in her seat being a wheezing mess. She knew what was up and she was happy about it.

--------------------- [ back at home ]---------------------

Sara entered the house smiling, which grew even more when she saw her sister on the couch watching Harry Potter for the billionth time. "Hey sis! Hey mum I home!" Sara announced as she jumped on the couch next to her sister. "Hey Ser! I am sorry for bailing out on you like that, you know I-" "You don't have to explain yourself to me Vi, besides I don't mind it." A small smile came on Vienne's lips, "So, where've you been?" "Oh nothin, just exploring the city, had some coffee, I also brought you doughnuts."

The two of them chatted for a while, had dinner and went to bed. The next day Vienne woke up at the same time, had her coffee with her thoughts, watched the city streets come alive, got ready pulled Sara with her and came to school. Same-Daily-Routine. She checked her timetable and looked at Sara who was again unbothered. English, what a way to start the day!                    (well that rhymed anyways)

Pulling her textbook out, she started making notes when her pen got snatched by someone - None other than the trouble makes himself. "Woah, nice pen new girl" he said examining the pen, "Don't you have other things to do besides annoying me?" Jackson for once is taken aback, "Ooohhhhhh she speaks, I thought you don't talk to unknowns? Right Sara?" Sara controls her laugh, "Um.. Yeah.. but its good she is, she needs friends" Vienne slaps her arm, "Shut up and you" she points towards the brown eyes boy in front of her, "I don't know where your clingy girlfriend is, but we're meeting today, at our place 5pm." 

He crouches down a little, narrowing his eyes, "One, that perfume shop is not in any world my girlfriend and two, I don't take orders but since its for the project, I'll come. See you there Vi " And with that he swiftly slides away from the table like nothing happened but something really did.

For him it seemed no big deal to call her by her nickname, however there was a storm of butterflies fluttering in her body, her heart skipped a beat - until today she did not think nicknames could be so affective. On the other end Sara's eyes wide and a HUGE smile on her face. She already shipped them, and by the reaction on Vienne's face, It looked like the ship is sailing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Like every other cringy name, lemme introduce you to #Jienne! Lol!