Chapter 17.

[ BEST. DATE. EVER. ]

The same thought ran in Beth's head. From the outside they pretended to be unbothered and shrugging it of but on the inside both of them knew it was true and each time that same thought reoccurs - thier heart skips a beat.

Right now they were on thier way to a diner, who doesn't like a good sitting conversation and a good pizza?

"So... how's things going between you and Josh?" Jack asked out of the blue which definitely caught Vienne off-guard. "What? Josh and I?" She asked and looked at him burthing into laughter. Jackson frowned and stopped. Not only because the diner was here but also watching Vienne's reaction, "what's so funny?" She asked in his "manly" voice.

Gaining a hold of her breath she spoke, "Listen, Josh is an complete Dumbass, I mean that guy could talk for hours and also- He is more into the Sara lane but I doubt he'll even reach the location. Sara is so done with that guy!" Being a little relieved his muscles relaxed, "Oh good- I- I mean okay." "We should get inside"

He pushed the door for her and she happily went inside. "This is pretty..." Vienne softly murmured, loud enough for Jack to hear. "You go look for an empty space for us, I'll order us something." Jack said and Vienne followed.

Scanning the room she found an empty booth just at the corner by the window where the bustling streets of New York were Visible. Taking a seat, she pulled out her phone to see 1 notification from her sister. Oh Sara!

"Pizza will be here soooon" the voice of an excited Jackson filled her ears as she kept her phone back and looked at his adorable smile

"Pizza will be here soooon" the voice of an excited Jackson filled her ears as she kept her phone back and looked at his adorable smile. "You really like Pizza don't you?" She asked resting her chin on her palm. 'Not more than you' he thought but couldn't manage the guts to tell her right now. "Um hmm yess.. I do infact I have loved Pizza since I was introduced by the term Pizza."

And like this their stupid conversation went long. Everything was going smoothly until someone had to ruin the moment and for them it was none other than the bitch herself - Maddie.

"Heyyy Jack...." She called in her 'sweet voice' as she made her way towards thier table. "Oh good lord" Jack said under his breath which did make Vienne laugh. "Hellllooo Jack and hi you too" she said the latter part eyeing Veinne jealously.

"Hi Maddie." Jack said sarcastically, not even bothering looking at her. Vienne turned her face to the other side to hide her snickers and enjoy watching Jack suffer.

"So what are you doing here? And on that what are you doing with her?!" Maddie growled making Vienne laugh even more. "Nothing much.. why are you here again?" He talked back, clearly annoyed. "I just came to say hello to you... well I think my presence is unwelcomed here so I think I'll go enjoy your little date!" Doing a cringy hair flip, she started walking away.

"Yeah thanks but we're not on a date" Jack replied, very Happy she left. However Vienne's laugh died at his last statement. She looked at Jack who's back on enjoying his Pizza, with a confused yet devastated expression.

"What do you mean Not a date?" She asked him. He sensed the change in her tone and diverted his action back on her. "We are not on a date right? We're just hanging out?" He calmly Said.

'Oh my God.' She thought. She has been taking all of this so wrong. She got her hopes high for no reason. Sara was right- she should've asked him. Noticing this sudden shift he put his hand on top of her's. Something was wrong.

She swayed her hand away and said in a stern voice, the same voice she used to talk when she was new to the school, "Come out." And she got up and left.
Jackson sat there- bewildered. What just happened. Leaving his precious Pizza there he followd her put of the diner.

The sun has cim"Vi- Vienne" He went upto her "what's wrong?" He said turning her to face him. As soon as she turned, his hand left hers after seeing her watery eyes. Ok the situation is messed up now. Reaching to wipe her falling tear off he asked her with concern, "Vienne tell me-" but was cut off by her stepping back.

"Look me in the eye and tell me you don't care about me." She plainly commanded.

"Huh?" His eyebrows furrowed I confusion. Where is this coming from.

"LOOK ME IN THE EYE, AND TELL ME THIS DOESN'T MATTER TO YOU."
"Tell me you don't care about me and all of this that you're doing was only as a friend or because you pity me and whatever I have went through. That every single thing that you've told me was to make me feel better and nothing else.
That if this was a date- you- you wouldn't have turned up.
That I am just another normal girl who's fallen for you and I mean nothing to you.
Tell me"

What. The. Actual. Fuck. Is. Going. On. Right. Now.
Was all he thought.
Was this supposed to be a date? And even bigger shit- she has fallen means- SHE LIKES HIM?!
The world stopped spinning. There was blurry pictures flashing infront of his eyes.

If this wasn't enough, he for a while forgot that there was the same girl standing in front of him- waiting for his answer. Vienne on the other hand misinterpreted the situation pretty bad. Her heart was broken once again and this time it hurt even more.

"I'll take this silence as a yes Jack." She sobbed. "Thank you for everything you did. And sorry for expecting too much. Bye.."

She started moving backwards, and with each step she took and each tear that fell from her eyes, 2 hearts broke simultaneously. 1st Vienne and 2nd Jack. This was so much to take inn that he couldn't form world. His body froze and his mind stopped. All he could do was watch her leave and her hand slipping away from his.

He fucked up.

--------------------------------------------------------------

No comments today.
💔😞