Chapter 23

Solitude and Shock

Days passed like seconds in bliss. The two madly in love couple have been dating for good 3 months now.

Jack and Vienne's relationship is filled with cute moments that reflect their shared high school experience and their roles as the football captain and cheer head.
Like for example;
One day, after a big game, Jack surprises Vienne with a bouquet of flowers, and they share a sweet moment on the field as he gives her a congratulatory hug.

During a school pep rally, Vienne leads the cheer squad in a routine dedicated to the football team, with Jack prominently featured in the performance. The crowd erupts in cheers, and Jack can't help but smile proudly at Vienne's talent and their shared dedication to their school.

On a quieter day, they sit together in the school courtyard, studying for exams. They share notes and flashcards, occasionally stealing glances and exchanging smiles that speak volumes about their connection.

As the school year progresses, Jack and Vienne attend more events together, from school dances to football games. They are often seen cheering each other on, whether on the field or on the sidelines.

Despite their busy schedules, the two always find time for each other, whether it's a quick lunch date between classes or a late-night study session at the library. Their relationship is built on mutual respect, support, and a shared love for their school and each other.

Their classmates and friends can't help but notice how they always seem to be in sync, supporting each other in everything they do. Even teachers and parents admire Jack and Vienne's relationship. Tessa and Stefan also feel contented to see their girl being happy again. People learn from them, noting how they seem to bring out the best in each other and how they handle challenges as a team. This level of maturity and commitment at such a young age is rare and often leaves others wishing for a similar kind of love.

Hence it is safe to say, Jack and Vienne remain humble and gracious, never flaunting their relationship but simply living and loving each other authentically. Their love is a beacon, shining brightly and inspiring others to seek out meaningful connections in their own lives.

Like for instance, the two of them are at their usual spot near the lake. Vienne sitting near the tree and Jack's head on her lap while she reads him the new book she got. Jack honestly doesn't give a shit about what the book is about, he just enjoys how passionately she reads the book and enjoys the melody of her voice in his ears. If it were in his hands, he would gladly make her voice the soundtrack of his life and listen to it forever.

As Vienne read, Jack listened intently, his heart swelling with admiration and love for her. He reached up and gently traced circles on her leg with his fingertips, a silent gesture of encouragement and support. Vienne smiled down at him, her eyes sparkling with happiness.

The sounds of nature surrounded them – the gentle lapping of the water against the shore, the rustling of leaves in the trees, the distant chirping of crickets. It was a symphony of peace and tranquility, the perfect backdrop for their intimate moment. Their presence, love and this beautiful aura is worth everything to them.

As the last rays of sunlight danced on the surface of the lake, she finished reading. She closed the book and set it aside, then leaned down and kissed Jack softly on the forehead. He opened his eyes and looked up at her, his heart overflowing with love.

"I love you," he whispered, his voice barely above a whisper.

"I love you too," Vienne replied, her voice filled with emotion. She leaned down and kissed him again, this time on the lips, a sweet and tender gesture that spoke volumes of their love for each other.

They sat there in silence, watching the sun disappear behind the horizon, grateful for the love they shared and the moments like these that they would cherish forever.

Suddenly Jack's phone rang which brought them out of their trance. He groaned and sat up, taking put his phone, "what is it Josh.. bad time!"

Vienne smiled at his kiddish attitude but she found it adorable.

"Right now? I'll do it tomorrow man fuck off now I'm with my girl"

My girl. These 2 simple words never fail to heat up her cheeks and make sure there is an entire swamp of butterflies travelling and flocking in her stomach.

"Sorry baby, I have idiot friends." Jack said taking her hand. You wanna go grab something to eat?

Vienne smiled and said, "pastries?"
In these few months, they have been very close, obviously. But what Jack has loved the most is how free Vienne has gotten around him. She acts as if she only cares about what makes her happy. Which is truly something that makes Jackson happy. "Pastries it is."

———

As Jack and Vienne walked hand in hand towards the pastry shop, the air was filled with a sense of contentment and love. The quaint little shop was bustling with customers, the smell of freshly baked pastries wafting through the air.

They found a table by the window and sat down, Jack's arm around Vienne's shoulders as they chatted and laughed, enjoying each other's company. Vienne felt grateful for moments like these, when it was just the two of them, away from the pressures of school and life.

Suddenly, Jack's phone rang, interrupting their conversation. He looked at the caller ID and excused himself to take the call, stepping outside the shop to answer it. Vienne watched him go, a slight frown on her face. She knew it was probably just a teammate or a friend, but she couldn't shake off a sense of unease.

Minutes passed, and Jack still hadn't returned. Vienne started to feel restless, wondering what was taking him so long. She glanced outside and froze. There, standing in front of Jack, was Maddison, the bitch herself. Vienne's heart skipped a beat as she watched Maddison lean in and kiss Jack on the cheek.

Vienne's phone slipped from her hand, clattering loudly on the table. The sound seemed to echo in the suddenly silent shop. Every nerve in her body was on high alert as she watched Jack's reaction. He seemed surprised at first, but then he pushed Maddison away, shaking his head.

Vienne's mind was racing. She couldn't understand what was happening. Why was Maddison kissing Jack? And why did he seem so taken aback by it?

No. No. No.

NOT AGAIN.

NOT THIS TIME.

Before she knew it, Vienne was on her feet, walking towards them, her heart pounding in her chest. As she approached, Jack turned towards her, his expression a mix of confusion and concern.

"Vienne, I can explain," he started, but she held up a hand, cutting him off.

"No, Jack, I don't want to hear it," she said, her voice trembling. "I saw what I saw."

And then in the silent air.. a loud slap sound, surrounded the place...

.........................................
lol bye:)