Chapter 14.

[ Well, shit! ]

(This quote is made for Jackson)

( Vienne POV )

Sitting anxiously, I was shifting into my seat constantly. This guy in front of me won't shut up and I don't want to offend him but this is too much. Throughout that one-sided conversation, I paid no attention to him, all my focus was on Jackson. Why did he leave so abruptly? Is he okay? Yes Vienne, Think positive, he is okay. Dude does this guy even breathe?

"Hey man enough Can you please shut it?" I finally snapped. His eyes went wide and he stopped on whatever crap he was saying and I immediately felt bad, "Look I am sorry but I've gotta go, Excuse me." And I 'excuse' myself from there. When I got of out the room with my bad slung loose, I met with a sight of a jumping Sara and a laughing Jack. I sigh in relief. Thank God he's okay. "Oh hey Vienne, was the Josh guy treating you-" she was cut of by a bag shoved in her arms followed by a quick shut up from my side because I did not think anything and jumped on him like I am seeing him after a year. Few moments later he hugs me back, tighter in fact. This feels nice.

( Author POV )

Jackson was laughing at a jumping Sara, It might look like she was happier than him and Jackson thought Vienne is really lucky to have a sister like her. He might not show it, but this realization was another new feeling for him. He felt like there is now a new reason for him to wake up, to smile, and to live his life to the fullest so that she can do the same. He didn't know if she felt the same way or not which for a second stung like a needle pinch but again the commitment he made, even though vaguely about keeping that adorable smile of her alive and that vague commitment seems like a big deal to him now, he was determined to keep her happy, safe and protected.

Just as he was thinking about her, she came out of the class. Only if he thought his smile could grow even bigger, it did. She jogged towards him, and he felt his heart beat fasten. Shoving her bag in Sara's hands, mumbling something and hopping into his arms like a lost puppy found it's owner. He stumbled back a little, smile not leaving his face when he felt her warm breath on his skin. Chills ran through his body along with a tingly feeling. Her small arms wrapped around his neck. If Sara widened her eyes a little more they'd definitely fall of. *Silently screaming without audio.* Thankfully no one saw her or else they would definitely think she has lost it and she kind of did. Collecting herself, Sara took backward steps, showing the clearly blushing guy thumbs up and swiftly moved out of the situation, giving the two a little privacy before anyone else disturbs it.

As Sara left, he processed the scene he was in. His crush in his arms. He doesn't know how did he resist that welcoming warmth coming from her body, the second he realized this, he cloaked her frail figure in himself. In her embrace the world stopped still on its axis. There was no time, no wind, no rain. Jack's mind was at peace. How could it be that he hadn't seen this side of him before? Nevertheless, he felt calm.

The spark was on both sides though. Vienne had been hugged before, but never like this since her Parents passed. There was something so warm, something that felt right, smelt right. She let her body at ease, her muscles become loose. He gave her the respect of an equal but cradled her like a cherished child. In that embrace she felt her worries go away as if there weren't any since a long time and her head take the support of his hard chest which she could easily fall asleep on. Perhaps the hope had been there all along, but she was too oblivious to find it. She felt his soft gaze on her, and whisper something, "Hey... You alright?"

She took her buried face out, arms still linked and pouted, "Tell me are you alright or not?" his eyes landed on the strands coming out of her messy bun, the ones he always resisted the urge to push back, but not today. Sliding a loose one behind her ear, he caressed her cheek replying back, "Yes, I am absolutely fine, why do you ask that though?"