Chapter 7.

[ Daffodils ]

9:30am 

"Good Morning Aunt Tess!" A surprisingly cheerful Vienne came downstairs and took her usual seat on the kitchen counter, "Sorry kinda slept inn today." Jaren looked up from from the news paper he was reading, not trusting his ears on what he just heard. Since he was away for work almost the entire week, he seemed to completely miss the good reason why, HOW her niece had this change in her. He was happy of course, but the sudden surprise he got was...overwhelming? Tessa on the other hand smiled softly at the beaming girl who was to both of their surprise again was now reading something that was not her novels - Some influencer's interview in a magazine?! 

Tessa looked at her awfully confused husband, chuckling within herself, she manage to get his attention at her. He mouthed, "What is happening?" and she just nodded and signaled to wait. "Vienne dear, would you mind waking Sara up?" "Not at all!" as soon as she ran upstairs, Jaren kept his newspaper aside and stood up slowly, intaking what just happened. "So?" he asked folding his hands, "So.... There's this boy.. His name is Jacky I suppose? After Vienne has met him, she's been happy Jare! Like you saw her today? how her smile has returned? I think our neice is coming back to us..."

Where the adults were rejoicing there, here Sara was dead asleep. "Gooooooddddd Mooorrrnnniinngggggg Sisyyyyyyyy!" Sara didn't bother, instead she borrowed herself under her blanket. "WAKE UP!" Vienne sat on her bed, and admired the picture on her nightstand, It was her and Sara, 12 years old holding 2 Choco chips ice creams cones laughing at something. She kept it back, no doubt Sara loved her and she loved her back. "Come on Sare! We also have to go meet Jackson at the park today!" Now this caught her attention. She peeked out of the blanket with the best horse voice as she could mimic, "Vi... I don't feel so good.." 

11:30am

Vienne comes back down thinking that her sister is sick and worried for her, being oblivious that she was tip toeing a few steps behind her, with a finger on her lips indicating her other family members to remain silent and play along, "Um.. Sara is not feeling very well right now so I think she's gonna rest tomorrow. I'm gonna go call Jackson and tell him we can't come today." she went outside on porch with a disappointed face. Both Tessa's and Sara's eyes widened. She hoped downstairs, "Listen, we need her to go, I am not sick as you can see, Mom please do something and send her! Jackson is the only way to bring her back didn't you see how only within a few days she's changing? Pleaseee, Dad, mom? Anyone?" 

The couple looked at each other, Sighing Tessa went towards the door. She paused and looked back at her daughter who looked confident, "This better work out" she said and walked over to the girl pacing right and left, waiting for the call to be picked up. Before it could be answered, she took the phone from the girl's hand and hanging up the call. "Wha- Why did you do that?" Vienne asked, "You my dear are going to wherever you were supposed to go, Sara will stay inn you go and enjoy." Vienne was confused, how did this change all of a sudden? Noticing her expression, the aunt stepped closer and cupped her cheek. "Vienne, I'm not going lie but after joining this school, you've been happier. After whatever you've been through, now you're finding your way back - So you deserve a day off sweetie. ( Idk why I'm cringing so much right now )

Both ladies came back in with soft smiles on their faces, Sara being clever enough to run back upstairs when she heard the porch floor creek. Jaren knew it worked by the proud yet loving look on his wife's face. It was good to see your family happy after working all week.

1: 00 pm.

Vienne stood in front of the mirror for the 3rd time now, turning and swirling right and left eyeing the simple day dress she wore if its "good enough" to wear today. the last couple of months she's been dressing herself just to look presentable and sometimes she did not even care about that but today was different, she wanted to look good today, feel wanted to feel good about herself, which is the half truth, not want to believe but she wanted to look good for him.