34

Omniscient

"Da where mama." Mason asked Darius. His mom just left him with Trey 2 months ago and she hasn't answered any of the phone calls or came to see him.

"I don't know Mason." Darius scratched his head.

"Ma." He ran to Lani.

"Yes baby." She looked at him.

"Where did my mama go." He pouted.

"I don't know my love." She shook her head.

"That mean she don't love me no more."He started crying.

"Come here baby." Trey picked him up.

"Mama just on a vacation okay. She still love you. Ma loves you and I love you." He rubbed his back.

"Mkay." He nodded wiping his face.

"You excited to be a big brother." Lani asked trying to change the subject.

"Yea and I hold her and kiss her." He smiled getting off Trey's lap sitting on Lani lap.

"You really love me." He asked her.

"Of course I love you Mason." She kissed his cheek.

"You think my mama will come back." He looked at her.

"Yes my love she will come back." She nodded.

"Go get ready for bed." Trey looked at his son run upstairs.

"What we gon do Lani." He started crying.

"We just gon keep trying to find her Macy. That's the only thing we can do." She walked over to him wiping his face.

"I just don't want him to think his mama left him for no reason and that she don't  love him no more. I know she love him I do but I just don't understand why she just up and left." His voice cracked as he talked to his girlfriend.

"I know Macy. We just gotta pray and keep trying. Maybe she just needed time to find herself or think. It happens sometimes. We just gotta hope that she come back in one piece." She rubbed his face.

"Yea." He nodded wiping his face.

"I love you Lani." He kissed her.

"I love you too Macy." She smiled.

—