12

Falco blushed when he finally saw the Prince's face closer. It was a beautiful face with gorgeous pink eyes and black shiny hair.

He had heard a lot of rumors about this said prince, and he had no idea that the rumor about his beauty could not be justified.

They say he looks like an angel, and it was true. However, the prince infront of him was completely different.

He may look soft and gentle. Falco can feel how this prince should not be underestimated.

"Hungry?" His gentle voice was heard as he look straight to his clear eyes. "Prince Falco?"

"I'm no longer a prince." Falco clenched his fist and dropped his head to avoid showing his emotion.

Theonesse simply did not say anything and kept quiet. He closed his eyes and let himself relax while secretly observing the prince infront of him.

This is the first time he saw a Prince besides him. The boy infact looks like a genuine prince however as if he had already lost his honor and Amirr twins were aware of the truth.

"Being a prince is nothing when you don't have a crown."

Falco flinched when he heard Theonesse's cold voice. "What do you mean?"

"Exactly how you understand it." Theonesse let Grey wiped the mess on his fingers. He really ate 10 pieces of cookies and having a stains can't be avoided. "You will never be the king so why bother?"

"Are you saying this because you can't snatch the throne?" He snapped. Falco was annoyed and he can no longer hide it. Unlike Theonesse who doesn't care about his status, The 2nd prince fought all the way to win.

Theonesse coldly smiled. This is the first time they saw an expression on their young master's face making the royal butler and maid pleased. Who said their young master was innocent and weak? He only have good heart and it was not his weakness.

"Let's say what you said is correct. If i fight my sister and declared a war, i'm sure this territory will turn into chaos. The Empire only have one crown and the people below will only suffer when a battle between power occurs."

Lie. Theonesse doesn't have a power to fight for the throne and even if he have one, he won't fight for something that wasn't supposed to be his. He can easily obtain what he wants when it truly meant for him.

The 2nd prince remained silent and never opened his mouth again. Theonesse didn't forced him and told Griselle to prepare another set of cookies. Falco watch Theonesse's eat like there was no tomorrow making him slightly laughed.

Falco bit his tounge and reflected. He laughed for the first time after 2 years. The moment he was held capture as a hostage he lost his dignity and honor. For someone as competitive as him, Falco already lost everything.

Meeting the rumored prince makes him humilated. He heard how Theonesse was abandoned after he was born and yet Theonesse can still smile unlike him who was sheltered since he was young. He complained and never truely considered how lucky he was.

Maybe if his father didn't lost his mother, Falco doesn't have to sacrifice himself. He slowly watch his hero lost and slowly disappeared. The Fahan Empire lost in war and their territory was in ten years of debt.

For survival of the remaining prince. Falco was send to Obelian Empire as a hostage. He lived a very depressing life in this unfamiliar country away from his father and sister. The only thing he can be thankful was nobody can torment him since he was still a prince.

"I-" Falco pinched his legs. "My intention is to protect my people."

"Who said you can't?" Theonesse chuckled. "Sometimes the only way to protect is to attack."

Although Theonesse never had a chance to do it. He felt ashamed to say those words when he don't apply it to himself. However he swore when he had a chance he will do anything to not had any regrets anymore.