20

"Princess." Lilian held Athanasia's wrist to prevent her from breaking through the door. "You can't—"

"Lilian." This is the first time Athanasia called her royal maid directly by her name. Athanasia was obviously still a child but she has a dominance of ruler in her blood. A mere royal maid or lower nobel won't be able to compete with her when it comes to asserting authority.

"This servant understand." Lilian lowered her head. In her heart, the Princess is still the same baby she took care of for decade however as someone who loved the Crown princess dearly. She has to trust her without doubt.

"My brother." Athanasia's voice was cold and firm. "He is someone whom i swore to protect. If you follow me, you also need to follow the Prince."

It was an order. None of the Royal maids beside Lilian dare to spoke up. They are loyal to Athanasia, The Crown Princess however all of them are aware of the importance of the sole 1st Prince.

It was Athanasia's will to secretly send royal maids to the cold palace when she was barely able to talk and walk. She was only two years old when she insisted she had a younger brother outside who needs to survive. At first the Royal Maid thought someone told her about the forgotten Prince but she was stubborn and Lilian who won't forget her guilt.

"He is my younger brother." A two years old Princess cried helplessly as if she wasn't a mere toddler. "You have to save him."

Lilian was someone who didn't manage to take custody of the 1st Prince because someone blocked her. After 1 year, When the 3 years old Athanasia found out the truth, she was furious. It was a Duke and the Previous Emperor's friend who wants to use the 1st Prince as a bargaining chips for scheming against the Current Emperor.

Why would Athanasia let same things happened again? For that reason she deliberately met the Emperor sooner and use her authority as Crown princess to punish the imbecile. It also established her power as Obelian's Official Crown Princess.

Even before Amirr Twins. Athanasia and Lilian already protected the 1st Prince behide the scene since they couldn't do it openly however, it haven't crossed their mind the Duke would retaliate and send assassins into the Prince's chamber. Fortunately, The Amirr Twins was there to prevent the upcoming disaster.

Athanasia watched her younger brother from afar and endure all of hardships just for him. She won't let the Fool Emperor, His father ruined her treasured baby brother.

"Y-Your highness."

The Mages and Knights were speechless when Athanasia managed to destroy the Doors casted with strongest Mages' protective barrier.

Her complexion was ghastly and she obviously doesn't look well. "Move."

The knight who was guarding the door flinched. "I—"

"Move."

"It was the Emperor's order, your majesty." The head of Mages unit spoke up and lowered her gaze slightly. Although Athanasia was a Crown Princess. Mages are well protected and more influencial than so called Prince and Princess. They can also only follow the Emperor and the Leader of the black tower.

"Will you take responsibility if my younger brother died?" Athanasia coldly stared at the Mage's face.

"Y-Your highness." The Mage flinched and suddenly felt an urge to throw up when a force choke her neck. She wasn't able to breath until she passed out. Athanasia even step and dare to dirty the mage's black robe as she walks.

The Door next to her was sealed with dozens layer of barriers however Athanasia exhausted her mana to create a small hole. It was only half of her body she can able to fit in.

Athanasia was already small enough but she had to crawl in. She used magic to lighten up the room and saw a body listlessly lying on the carpet.

"Athy?" It was weakened voice. Theonesse's dead eyes and pale skin pained Athanasia. There's murder on Athanasia's eyes but she closed her eyes to calmed herself down.

"I'm here." Athanasia carefully pick up Theonesse from the floor and tucked him in the bed.

"Athy."

"Yes?"

Theonesse can't find his voice. He was scared for whole night. He can't see anything. The darkness almost devoured his sanity.

"I want to go back."

Athanasia weakly brushed her brother's sweaty hair. The Crown Princess won't allow herself to cry but infront of her younger brother. She can't help it. So the tears fall down in her cheeks as she wiped the dry blood on Theonesse's cold lips. "This is already your home."

"So please. Stay with us."

"They are waiting for you. I am waiting for you."

"Theonesse, My brother." The Crown Princess held the Prince tightly in her arms. Athanasia can feel the fire in Theonesse's heart was slowly loosing its power.

She cried because she is afraid. One day, he can't be saved anymore.