22

"I can't blame him." A soft voice was heard. A beautiful young man was sitting on the bed with a pillow on his lap. His black hair and pink eyes. It was like a realistic Art drew by God's hand.  

"I understand." Another young women sat across the bed. She was sitting on the sofa with a tea cup on her hand.

Theonesse lowered his head and close his eyes. The inferior complexity was shown visibly. "I heard your voice last night."

Athanasia's eyes soften and she painfully muttered. "It's true. If it wasn't for you— Theo, you don't see how much we cherish you." 

Theonesse's eyes slowly began to tear. He firmly close his eyes. It was true. He don't trust anything or anyone in this world. In order to survive he had to cling into something he was terribly scared of. 

He hates this world and even once wish for this world to end. 

However he doesn't hate them. Not his sister and never his friends. 

"A man should love and protect his children." Claude was the first person Theonesse saw when he was born into this world. He can't even recognize him as Emperor, not even as Father. 

"You don't have to force yourself to forgive him, Theo." Athanasia walked in front of his younger brother and gently held his thin hand. "You are allowed to think and make decisions for yourself. I'll always support you not as the Crown Princess but as your older sister." 

Theonesse looks straight to his sister's pink eyes and nervously asked. "If i am not your younger brother. Would you still protect me?" 

Athanasia let go of Theonesse's hand. She turned her back to him and walked to the door. "Hmm. Who knows? You are probably God's compensation to me or curse. Although It never matters to me." 

Theonesse heard a clicked and Grey suddenly appeared in front of him. Griselle approached him but Reyasha restrained her by holding her wrist.

Falco, who was a lot calmer than anyone, smiled in relief. "I was so scared when they took you away." The 2nd Prince closed his eyes to force himself to forgot his companions' demonic behavior. Amirr Twins and Reyasha almost makes him regret associating himself with these people but he can't not saved the 1st Prince, his soley friend. 

"Don't worry." He smiled at Griselle to calm her down.

These four hadn't probably cleaned themselves and directly enter the defence of this castle. Theonesse can smell the familiar blood on their skin. The fact, Reyasha was full of injuries makes Theonesse frowned.

"He's really lucky." Reyasha looks like a psychotic murderer with her bloodied appearance. She smiled sweetly which made Falco terrified. "It's pitiful, The Obelia's Emperor is too soft." 

Silence was heard as Reyasha said those words. All of them were aware of Reyasha's viciousness to her own father. Though, none of them can blame her for what she did.  

"Father's probably enjoying his vacation in hell." 

Reyasha sat on the sofa and gently placed her weapons on the table. The Prince silently observed her. Reyasha is the only person who can understand his situation better. Amirr Twins are orphans and Falco was pampered Prince of Fahan Empire. 

"That was Princess Athanasia? She's different from the rumor." Reyasha lowered her gaze. There is no expression on her face. "Much weaker than i expected."

Falco flinched and almost dropped the sword on his hand. He frantically look around to see if they are people lurking and listening to their conversation. 

"P-Princess, please mind your words." He warned anxiously and glanced at Theonesse to see his reaction.

"I wonder why you're so different. The Crown Princess can't even make up her mind and the Emperor is risking his country with his decisions." 

"I'm no different from them." Theonesse allow Griselle to nurse his wounds and bruises. "We're all imprisoned with affection and excuses. My sister might choose me but he is still our father. I want to run away from everything but they are my family."

"How about the Emperor? Do you think he will choose both of you?" 

The Prince played with his fingers. He learned it due to anxiety of being in the darkness for a long time. There's a lot of things running inside his head. He knows the answer to those questions however sometimes he wished he didn't. 

People who are born because of love are really blessed. If only it consistently existed without tragedy. 

Diana, The woman who taught Claude about love was already gone. He won't, no— he can't choose anything and anyone. 

The Emperor's heart died the moment she forever closed her eyes. 

"If it's about Affection and Responsibility. He wasn't qualified to be the Emperor." Reyasha sneered and stood up. "My Father chose lust over our Empire. He was devoured by his own decision to prioritise his desire. If he can't be a proper Father, what makes him think he can be the Emperor? Our people are dying everyday and all he cares about is the harem in his chamber." 

This is the first time they see an anger in Princess Reyasha's face. Her blue eyes were filled with darkness. "I don't want you to resent the Emperor but you have to consider the risks of this Empire's fall down." 

"What do you mean?" Falco frowned in displeasure. His country was subjected to cold blood war few years ago and it made him remember the chaos he witnessed. 

"Fahan Empire Empress' death and Caden Empire's civil war." Reyasha tap her fingers on the table. "And now, Obelian's Assasination. One of the generals died and during the black tower invasion, a high rank mage was almost kidnapped."