(I) Jhenis Beach

THE PERFECT SINNER

He tightened his grip upon the steering wheel, nails digging into the leather, knuckles white, realizing just how gradually fucked up things had actually gotten.

The circumstances at home-if one could call it so-had become like those of a raging war, a never ending, on going, bloody battle with his mum, his brothers, and his soon to be step-dad. They were all mad and full of themselves. The reason his mind was drawn back to his family was triggered because of the familiar streets of the town of Jhenis Beach. It was a lovely, small, beach town, a population no larger than ten thousand. It was perfectly sunny and hot. Right then, he was driving as of the downtown area - Main St. - which was pretty much a long street filled with a million souvenir stops, entertainment landmarks and little unique shoppes that looked like coloured houses that ultimately ended up at the main beach entrance. The streets were already filled with tourist and people heading to the beach. On the far east coast of the street, at the edge of town, you could pretty much behold the white sand and the blue plage from anywhere in Jhenis.

The familiar streets took him back to better times. Better times when he was an infant and lived there, when his mum wasn't a raging maniac, when his brothers weren't complete assholes, when his dad was still alive. Everything was better back then, when he was a child. He regretted that his family ever moved to Sydney. When he was dragged off to Sydney, he was barely fourteen, and he vividly remembered how good everything used to be. It was all said and done and he was still trying to cope and move on, but moving on was more easier said than done.

After moving to Sydney, everything started to deteriorate. Growing up, everything became more uneasy. It had become a sad tale, climaxing to when his father died, two years past, still a vivid memory in his cloudy head. It'd been two years, but he still felt traumatized by the event. And after that, his whole family changed, they all became estranged from one another, and soon enough grew abhorrence for each other, henceforth began to rot. Peace was detached from the Hemmings House; his mum became heavy to live with, both Jack and Ben seemed to lose all care in the family, they seemed to want nothing to do with him or his mum, and he, himself, did all he could to stay away, as he was now. He was steering a path down madness lane, so knowing he couldn't bear being cooped up at home for another whole summer, he agreed to stay over at his friend Michael's house, in his old hometown of Jhenis Beach.

Michael and Luke were bestfriends since birth, even after Luke moved to Sydney, and Michael moved just south of Perth, they would always still find a way to Skype or message the latter. Michael's family still held their beach house in Jhenis, so this entire summer, Michael would be flying in and staying there and he invited Luke to come along for the ride. That being Luke's most favourable option, he agreed to the two months there with some of Michael's friends.

He stopped his train of thought and slipped out of his haze, coming back to somewhat of a reality. After finally reaching downtown, he parked his car at the side of the slender, flat road and hopped off the vehicle. He unknowingly looked above and was attacked by the sun; the heavens were dominantly owned by the Sun, and didn't fail to affect his fragile cerulean eyes. Before shutting the door, he reached over for his sunglasses then took off. It was terribly hot, and he had to stop for a drink. Sweat was dripping down his neck and chest, his hair was damp, his throat was clogged up and dry, and the sun was like fuming coals on his skin. He expected several tan lines before the summer met an end. But he couldn't complain, if anything, the dark blonde started laughing at the prospect of Michael under the sun. Luckily, he found a cute little coffee shop on the street that hopefully sold cold drinks. At this rate, he would have gladly settled for sea water.

He traipsed down the sidewalk, and suddenly felt rather awkward. Jhenis was a beach town, known for it's summer vibe, therefore everyone was dressed in shorts and tank tops and light colours (even in bikinis and swimming trunks), with glorious golden skin to show, but punk old Luke, on the other hand, looked pale as a corpse, (he barely left his house back in Sydney), he was dressed in all black, with skinny jeans, a Nirvana top, and leathered boots. He stuck out like a turd in a punchbowl or a pink cat and got a numerous amount of grotesque stares which he shrugged off. He chuckled at the alternative pink cat because it got him thinking of Michael, who at a certain point had pink hair. Luke had never seen Michael's dyed hair personally.