(II) Midnight Talks

"Will you go the fuck to sleep already?" Calum cursed with odium in his voice.

Being the slacker he was, it was almost midnight and Luke got caught up unpacking. Calum was desperately trying to rest, while Luke kept the room illuminated so he could see what he was doing. He was taking out ever piece of folded clothing and placing it into it's correspondent place in his new closet.

"Seriously! I'm trying to sleep here," Calum spat with tired eyes, and immediately drew Luke's attention. Luke wasn't too sure if he took pleasure in annoying Calum for being such an asshole, or if he felt bad holding him up from his rest.

"Sorry," he cordially said, "need to finish unpacking."

The boy kissed his teeth. "Ugh," he groaned. He wrapped himself underneath white sheets on his bed at the end of the room. He mumbled some things under his breath but loud enough for Luke to hear the swearing.

It was a long while until Calum spoke again. "Dude, I think Michael's calling you."

Luke joined his brow; he hadn't heard anything, but he simply nodded and floated out of the room. It wasn't two seconds he made out the door before it was slammed behind him and he heard the door lock. "What the fuck?" He cursed and roughly shook the unmoving steel knob. He did his best trying to push the door open and groaned, "Calum."

There was no response.

"Open the door," he said, a bit more intensity behind his words. Luke was known for his calmness and stability, he would never snap or be mad at anything. But even right now, his anger thermometer was about to reach an exceeding peak as to explode. He banged the door with a closed fist before he flew down the hallway to Michael's room.

Michael and Luke had reached that confidential stage where he could just walk into Mike's room without knocking. "Mike," he said throwing the door open.

When he pushed the door open, both Ashton and Michael jumped up and saw him, Mike laying down while Ash sat up in the bed, looking like as if they'd seen a ghost. It was a weird scenery, but he threw it to the back burner and said nothing.

"Luke..." Michael mumbled. "What is it?"

"Calum locked me out."

Michael's eyebrows took a bump and his eyes widened, trying to hide a smirk. "What?"

"He locked me out of the room."

"That's crazy," Ashton added.

Not much of crazy but incredibly immature.

Michael slung his feet over the mattress and pushed his weight onto his legs, standing up from the queen bed. "C'mon, we'll go get this settled."

"No," Luke shook his head, determined to hold his ground. "I told you I didn't want to sleep with him on the first place. He's an asshole," he added.

"Hold up," Ashton stood up. "He's not an asshole, he's just... complicated. Take it easy on him, yeah?"

Luke didn't even bother glancing at Ashton and he crossed his arms, his eyes lingering at a thoughtful Michael.

"Okay guys," Michael soothed his voice just right. "Here's what we'll do," he swayed his hands, gesturing calmness. "Ash, why don't you go sleep with Calum for tonight and I'll room with Luke."

"Seems best," Ashton agreed. He took his phone from the bed's nightstand and walked out of the room, taking the knob behind him and shutting the door closed at his tails.

Michael got himself back to bed and palmed the pillow beside him. "C'mon mate," Michael signalled him to take a spot beside him.

Luke came around the bed and sat down, slinging his feet aboard. Then, he rested his head on the pillow, agreeing with the shape of the bed and accommodating himself to look at Michael.