(IV) Ecstasy Overdose

"Well we could just... stay home and watch a film," Luke bargained, his mind blanked out from an alternative option.

"Not again," Michael groaned, throwing his head on the dip of the couch's armrest.

For the first time, the boys actually had no way of spending their time. They were fresh teenagers, and boredom wasn't that hard to climax. Spending an entire summer at Jhenis would prove to be tiresome if you had nothing to do.

"Why don't we go to the beach?" Ashton smiled, sitting on the couch opposite from Luke, his legs slung over Michael's lap with his back against the armrest.

Michael shook his head, "I'm already over-tanned. My skin is falling off," Mike said. Luke mentally laughed at that. Michael's skin had such a sensitivity, it was a burden for him sometimes. "And anyways, it's almost five. It'll be dark soon."

"Why can't we come up with something?" Luke cried out.

"Well..." Ashton said innocently, both Luke and Mike jerked their heads to his direction, "Calum's going to this party tonight."

Luke felt uneasy at the word party combined with Calum Hood. "What kind of party?"

Ashton shrugged, "like a night club event, I guess."

As expected, this was like music to Michael's ears yet horror to Luke. "Can we go too?" Mike asked, anticipation visible on his natural features.

Yet it was harder to win Luke over. He wasn't exactly the clubbing, raving, packed-room type. He was even claustrophobic when he was thrown into a mass of people. He dragged out a hiss, "I don't know guys," he said, scrunching up his nose as he always did, "and Calum probably doesn't want to go with us. I'm pretty sure the guy hates me."

"He does not hate you," Ash protested, but what did he know?

"Really?" He arched his brow, "just last night he told me, and I quote, "i hate you 'cause you're annyoing,"so..."

"Oh well, I doubt he'll want to go alone. And no one get's left behind," Michael pushed off Ashton's legs, slapping his arms into his thighs.

Luke wasn't conquered by the whole idea, and he might have been keen to battle and stay home, but there was something telling him go. Maybe he wanted to try something new, or maybe he was just interested by seeing Calum in his nature, doing something he might actually enjoy. Either way, he was going willingly or else and that was pretty definite.

...

Luke decided to play it safe. He vested himself in a bloused white t-shirt, a black and white flannel and skinny jeans over a pair of over-worn black converse - casual Luke.

It'd be a lie, should it be said he wasn't nervous. How does one even rave? Partying wasn't exactly his scene. Or drinking. Or dancing.

He knocked himself off the bed, having a final judgement on his outfit before his mirror reflection. He mentally nodded to himself, taking his phone in hand and marching out of the room, where Calum was still locked up in their washroom. He trundled down the stairs, curving around the hand railing. He glanced over the kitchen and dining room: no Ashton or Mikey. He turned, walking in the opposite direction. There, he found the two boys sitting on the couch, the light from their phones shining their faces it the gloomy telly room.

Michael was in a light-grey long sleeve, black jeans and pair of pitch blacks boots. Ashton in the other hand, dressed more formal. He was wearing a black, casual blazer over a plain t-shirt, jeans, and somewhat the same shoes as Michael.

Upon hearing Luke's steps, Michae's face shot up. "Are you ready?" And Luke nodded. "Where's Calum?"

Luke rolled his eyes, sitting on the arm rest beside Mike. "You know Calum; taking forever in the washroom."