(XVII) Till Death Do Us Part (E)

"Check mate," Luke said cockily as he took down Michael's king.

"You're a fucking cheater," Mike prodded in response, swinging his heavy hand over the chess board and knocking down the players.

Luke only laughed, rolling his eyes at Mike's hissy fit. The two had been sitting down at the edge of the pool, having a round of chess on a perfectly sunny day. The backyard pool compartment was a really peaceful place because it was walled by peach walls, covered in wallflowers and surrounded by calming fountains. The only exit lead towards the beach and to the house.

Luke crossed his legs properly, grinning cheekily.

"Stop being such a girl, Michael," Ashton said in Luke's defence, "Luke won fair and square."

"Yeah, whatever," Michael grumbled. He sipped some of his beer, taking off his sunglasses.

"Okay, then," Ash patted his legs. "Enough chess, yeah? Let's have a dip." The hazel eyed boy stood up, taking off his shirt. Luke took note of Ashton's muscular physique and the mere stubble growing on his tanned chest.

Mike and Luke both watched as Ashton jumped into the pool, taking a deep dive and submerging for air. He pushed his hair back, smiling at the two, "C'mon, than!" He cheered.

Michael rolled over until he too dropped into the pool, and the other boys laughed at his lazy approach.

Luke shook his head. "No thanks, lads," he untangled his legs and stood up. He patted his way back to the entrance of the house which right away lead to the kitchen.

He pulled the double glass doors open and slid in, going down the corridor and hurrying to the stairs. Once up the stairs, he walked into his room where Calum was lying on his bed.

Calum was naked on Luke's bed, covered up by layers of white blankets, looking breathtaking. He slept with pouted lips, not a hair out of place. The boy was still nude from the night before. Luke adored the expression on Calum's face. The brunette scrunched up his face, furrowed his brows and pouted, looking a bit in pain.

Luke walked up to him, gently sitting down on the bed. He leaned over Calum's body, pushing off the fringe covering his forehead. Luke puckered a kiss on Cal's forehead, then one on the tip of his nose, and one on his lips, which woke him up.

Calum's eyes fluttered open, waking up to Luke's cerulean eyes hovering over his own. As Calum woke up, he deepened the kiss, to Luke's surprise. But at the end of the day, they were okay. Luke's head was spinning with all the sudden arguments he and Calum had, and they weren't even dating. To just be okay for once was Luke's nirvana.

Cal put his hands behind the blonde boy's head and flipped them over, being on top now. He continued kissing Luke for little over a minute.

Their now soft lips parted, making bubble popping noises. Calum pulled back, leaving Luke without a word.

"Wow," Luke huffed.

Calum rolled off of Luke and sat up, wrapping himself in the blankets and pulling his legs over his chest, facing away from Luke.

Luke hoisted himself, scooting over beside Calum. He placed a kiss over Calum's neck, then one over his shoulder. Luke peeked at the love bites bruised on Calum's soft skin. Luke hadn't noticed how he'd left patterns of love marks over Calum's neck, his collarbones, chest, stomach and even thighs. "Good morning, beautiful," Luke whispered into Calum's ear.

Calum only responded by turning his head, looking into Luke's lips while he bit his own.
"I'm leaving," Calum whispered. "I'm going back to Perth."