(XVI) Echoes Of Torment

Calum woke up in a nest, a nest he and Luke had built on Luke's bed.

They'd been cuddling for a long time, longer than Calum might have wanted it. Sure, they'd gotten up to do a bunch of different things, but for the bigger part of the day, they cuddled.

Calum woke up in fear. Fear that me might be getting too comfortable around Luke's arms; scared that a little corner of him wanted to stay there. And he knew he couldn't have that.

Pack up and run.

For the past three days, they'd lived in this little cocoon. Calum had been high for the past three days as well. He and Luke would talk a bit, watch some telly, eat something together, then they'd cuddle until sleep dawned on them. Calum was getting a bit too used to the routine they'd comprehended, too comfortable - which was a bad thing.

Without noticing it, he was starting to suffocate. He was starting so drown in a sea of affection. He wasn't used to being cared for like Luke did for him. He wasn't used to having another person in his life for as long as Luke had been attempting to do.

A part of Calum wanted to go clubbing, drink something and get totally pissed until the thought of Luke Hemmings vanished. The other part was becoming comfortable with being with someone else for a change, and not in a sexual way. Both parts of his consciousness were battling for dominance of his decision.

There was also the voices in his head, telling him things.

Pack up and run.

He slithered out of Luke's hold, standing up from the bed. He was wearing nothing but his boxers, so he looked around the room for a shirt. Luke would always throw his stuff around the room and left it there. Calum's found one of Luke's shirts. It was a really big shirt, big on Luke and even more so on Calum. Calum picked up the piece of ivory fabric and slid it over his head. 

He tip toed down on the carpeted floor towards the door. Like a cat, he strolled down the corridor without a single sound. The same down the stairs, and towards the kitchen.

He was thankful the coast was clear. Neither Ashton nor Michael were in the kitchen for the one time Calum decided to leave the room.

He walked down to the small fridge and opened it. To his surprise, the fridge was actually full of food. He really didn't expect the likes of Michael or Luke or even Ashton to man a household properly and have a decent looking fridge. Calum never really helped around the house—hell; Calum never really left his room.

He found a half full bottle of coca cola and snatched it out. He opened up the bottle and drank from it. He leaned over the kitchen counter, rubbing his temples. His natural paranoia was running him over the edge.

Pack up and run.

He tried to shut down the rhymes in his head, to no avail of course.

He pushed the fridge door closed and walked back up the stairs.

Once up the stairs, he snuck back into the room. Luke was standing in front of the window, butt naked. He had opened up the blinds and was staring out into the sea shore.

Calum took a second to admire him. He walked back to the bed, quiet as a mouse. He wrapped himself up on the bed, tangling up his naked legs and watched the sun shining on Luke's body. Luke was extremely attractive, no argument there. Surely, not the most attractive Calum ever had, but in a different way, he really satisfied him.

At a certain point, Calum expected Luke to be his fuck toy for the summer, but something different was happening, and Luke went beyond that point.

Luke seemed to acknowledge that Calum was back in the room because he turned around slowly, grinning to see him again. "You're back," Luke chuckled, walking back to the bed and sitting beside Calum. Calum was this little ball in the bed, and Luke came along putting his hands around him and kind of trapping him. "Where'd ya run off to?" The dirty blonde asked, "I woke up all alone. I missed you," Luke pouted, looking adorable, which caused something to twist harshly inside of Calum.