(V) The Devil May Cry

It was much bigger than his own. It was dark. Everything was black, dark grey, jet, raven, a dark burgundy, all shades of darker colours. Calum's closet was weirdly... mournful. Piles of rags were stacked up neatly and some were hung. What was even more amusing to Luke was the two top shelfs of his large closet. At first glance, it was like there was at least 100 books stacked up like a library. They were all older looking books, worn out and dusty. Luke's jungle of a closet was a far cry from Calum's annoyingly neat one.

Does Calum Hood actually read all this? He thought to himself as his fingers hovered over the antique literature.

What was left of his closet was bracelets, shoes, cologne, (Luke hadn't taken it in until now, but Calum always smelt heavenly), and black jeans on jeans. He could have sworn Calum had 20 pairs of the exact same pair of black jeans.

Calum would spend hours in the washroom, grooming himself-or whatever it is he does in there. It's like he always had to look perfectly settle, tending to be presented as the perfect sin.

One might ask, why is Luke going through Calum's closet? Thinking of him?

Well, the answer was, Calum hadn't come home yet. For the last two days he's been MIA. Last any of the boys had seen of him was at the club, where they left him.

Luke was dead worried for Calum. Ashton said that Calum always did that and Mike didn't care much for him, "Cal can handle himself," he answered every time they mentioned his absence. But Luke couldn't help but worry for Calum out there, God knows where. Luke was a worrier.

He closed the closet back up, double checking that everything was left intact, should Cal come home. He looked around the empty room, admiring the echoing silence.

Usually, Calum wouldn't speak when they were both in the room, he ghosted at his corner of the room, but the tension of his presence still lingered in the air like a hot heater. But now, now it was actually empty.

He abandoned the room, patting down the quiet hallway. It was too quiet... but if you closed your eyes and paid attention, you could hear the noise of teenage boys laughing.

Luke slowly descended down the stairs, his bare clad feet making low noises. He walked over to the dining room where he found Ashton and Michael at play.

Ashton was dividing a deck of cards over the wooden surface while Mike watched him. They were clueless of Luke's presence until he spoke up. "Hey," Luke said.

Mike's face shot up at him while Ashton remained concentrated. "Good morning, mate," he said with a smile, even though it was two hours past midday.

"What are you guys doing?"

"Playing cards," Ashton responded, his hazels steady on the cards.

"I see," Luke uttered, walking around the long wooden table and taking set beside Ashton. "So guys," Luke began.

"Yeah?"

"Don't you guys think we should be... looking for Calum? He's been gone for three days."

That's when Ashton's concentration broke, caressing some hairs off his face and turning to Luke. "He'll be back soon," Ashton said, (he'd been saying the same thing for three days) "why are you so worried about him anyway?"

Luke shrugged his shoulders. He didn't mean to seem as if he was worried for Calum, but he was, and he didn't know why himself. "Dunno," he mumbled. "I mean, it's just strange that one day he goes missing, specially while under influence..."

"It's not strange with Calum," Ashton said.

"Anyways, I still think we should find him. Maybe go back to the club and see if they know where he went, or just drive by town and try to spot him."