___________________________

I sat up my eyes wide with horror. Glancing around my room in a panic. When I noticed Ezra sleeping on the ground next to me I let out a sigh of relief, it was just a dream. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, giving my clock a little slap so it illuminated my room it displayed 3:46 AM. I rolled over to where Ezra was lying and checked his pulse. As stupid as it may seem the dream had really shaken me, it felt so real. Looking around the room that I was in seemed so familiar but distant at the same time.

"I did the same thing when I woke up," Ezra said startling me. I let out a gasp.

"God, you can't scare me like that Z," I said when I regained my breath.

"The dream seemed so real," he said his voice shaky.

"What dream?" I asked curiously, searching his face for answers.

"Well it started off at a funeral, I think it was mine, you said some speech, then your left and read something I must have written" he started. I stared at him wide-eyed.

"I had the same dream," I said in a hushed whisper.

"Do you think it's the future?" he asked in a whisper.

"Maybe it is a warning" I replied.

"We should get back to sleep" he whispered back.

"Goodnight Z," I said softly.

"Night Del" he murmured.

I rolled back over to where I was before I had woken up. I stared up at the treehouse's ceiling trying to fall back asleep. An owl hooted in the distance. I could hear the frogs croaking and some birds that had zero time management skills chirping happily. Soon I started to drift back to sleep.

___________________________

Vote

-G