Chap 5: Vengeance.

Time has passed. The next day has come, our men traveled out of the town from Magdurus Pass almost reaching Bahp Region. There lies the popular Bahp Town, there they can find shelter and rest there for the night, knowing that they cant reach Bahp in just one day they go slowly and save energy in case they have to deal with something like a bandit camp attacking them. They are self-conscious that they should not be reckless, even Jasper knows so. How unfortunate for them..this wasn't going to end very well.

Around 2PM. The three were marching across the grasslands when they stopped to eat some bread and rest. Suddenly from behind something strikes with insane speed aimed directly at Jasper's back.

"Guaah! Gaah, w-who's the scum that did this?!" Jasper shouted.

"Jasper! What happened?" Helios got worried, but Flif was more angry rather than scared.

"Show yourself, foe!" Flif shouted. From behind a row of trees, walking out are two stickmen, a tall one with red clothing and a slightly shorter one with a robe. What seems to concerns them more is the tall one, but something is off with the shorter man. But it seems that..they are here for Jasper.

"COLA!" Jasper shouted. The tall one chuckles.

"There you are, Jasper. I was looking for you." The tall stickman, Cola chuckled to himself. The shorter one was not happy at all though.

"What do you want from us?!" Helios shouted at them as he kept his distance. In an instant Flif jumped at Cola with a kick aimed at his face.

The shorter one raises his arm and Flif got blasted away from Cola, Cola remains unharmed.

"You're pathetic Jasper, pathetic in every way possible. You're still using that fake weak ability that you copied from anti-magic and call it 'Reversed Energy'? How ridicilous." The short stickman mocked Jasper, he just laughed and replied.

"The ability that i used to beat Cola, your student and used-to-be friend. Master Sore?" Jasper replied.

"What the heck is with you two? What problems do you have with Jasper?" Flif said.

"This. Is none of your bussiness, all i want is his head." Sore, the short stickman pointed at Jasper. Right that moment Flif spawned a shotgun and fired continuously at Sore and Cola. Before the moment the bullets reach him, Sore smirks and opened his palm.

"Reverse." In an instant, the bullets fall to the ground, Flif's gun was..gone. How? Why? How did he do that? Is this the true power of the ability called 'Anti-magic'?

Cola laughed out loud and pointed at Flif who foolishedly rushed his attack.

"You dont seem to care what your opponents can do, you just want to rush into the fight."

Once again..Afrox, who was spectating the fight between Flif and the man who was looking for a wanted criminal named James yesterday appeared. Afrox was sneaking up on them again and just watching, he liked to adventure and all but he didnt like to get into people's bussiness.

Jasper looked at Cola, cracking his knuckles.
"I kicked your butt last time, this time can slice it off." He spoke confidentally.

"Jasper, why do these guys want you dead?" Helios turned to Jasper and asked.

Sore replied "We just do, this guy. He is a humiliation to us. We just want him..dead, we anti-magic users do not care for the reason why we kill, if we hate someone then it means we want them dead."

"Plus, he 'beat' me before a few months ago. Oh, he had to rely on some sort of..support power, what is it called? Corrupted Rice? Oh yeah, he used that to 'beat' me. Shameful." Cola added.

"What do we d-" Helios' words got cut off by Jasper as he walks forward.

"This is my fight, its my problem. You dont need to stick your nose in." Jasper closed the distance between him and Cola. Cola chuckled and walked forward as if he accepted Jasper's challenge.

Flif tried to come in and stop them, but from outside Sore formed a red sphere around them like an arena.

As the story goes, a part of Jasper's life in the past is revealed..

Jasper was an unhappy child, he was bullied by everyone around him. His parents not there for him and works abroad. He lived with his uncle and aunts who didnt like him very much and didnt care for his problems. Being alone and afraid, life pushed him to fighting back, he built his body until his body development became slower, anyone who messed with Jasper, he beat them till they pass out. Jasper was perfect for anti magic as its made specifically for destroying and vengeance. Sore found potential in him and trained him in the way of anti magic, Jasper was blind and foolish at first so he trusted Sore and gave into it so he trained with Sore exercises that are terrifying, he has to scream, he has to release anger and punch a pillar until his hands bleed. All negative things combined into the arts of Anti-Magic. However no matter how hard Jasper trains he cannot master everything, but somehow he developed a similar but appears to be weaker type and calls it Reversed Energy, it works the same but different. Anti-Magic could be manipulated and has no form. Jasper's Reversed Energy could only reverse attacks and drain energy, he still has to rely on his physical abilities and use melee attack. Sore abandoned him, but Jasper kept what he learned and improved with it..everyday. Until now..
"Cola!"

"Jasper..!"

"Oh, you're approaching me? Instead of running away, you're coming straight at me?!" Cola said.

"I cant beat the hell out you without getting closer."
Jasper speaks confidentially.

"Come as close as you like then."

Jasper rushed into Cola, attacking rapidly and forcefully. However Cola was alot faster, he dodged and blocked all the attacks like nothing and even got to parry Jasper, slicing off his arm.

"Guaah!? No way!" Jasper reattached his arm right away and goes for a right hook on Cola's face, Cola took the hit but he wasnt that much affected.

"What was even THAT?" He laughed as he kicked into Jasper's stomach. Flinging him to the wall of the red forcefield.

"JASPER!" Helios shouted from outside.

"You little..! Let him go!" Flif jumped into Sore and attacks him but Sore stood still and sighed.

"Dont you understand? I know the weakness to abilities, they. Have. Limits."

Sore said as he opens his eyes wide.
"ERASE!" In an instant, it disabled Flif's abilities, Flif was angry and came in barehanded to choke Sore. Sore grabbed his hands hard but Flif continued attacking Sore in despair.

Inside the forcefield, Cola steps on Jasper as he wasnt downed. Jasper was breathing heavily, and for some reason..he couldnt reattach his limbs. Whats happening?

"You know..i used a little bit of help..from..What they call.." Cola smirked.

"What?" Jasper frowned.

"From what they call CORRUPED RICE!"

"Gah! N-no way!" Jasper is angered. He pushes Cola off and goes in to attack him, Jasper's strikes were dodged perfectly.

"Here, you can bite me if that makes you feel better!" Cola said, Jasper jumped right in and chomped on his arm but then he got stabbed through his stomach as he bit in Cola's arm.

"You're too weak! I have doubled my power with the power of this corrupted rice, you're right. Its not cheap, IT IS INDEED AMAZING!" Cola slices Jasper's arm off and continuously attacks him until he falls.

"Now i will give you a slow, and painful death."

Cola stabs his sword into Jasper's neck, slowly moving it to his head which was his only weakness. Jasper struggles for his own survival, trying to move a limb but unfortunately he's just a bunch of dead meat for now as he couldnt regenerate. Jasper then lays still and closes his eyes, is he giving up hope?

"MOVE, JASPER, MOVE!!" Helios screamed from outside as he punches the sphere.

Jasper smirks confidentially.
"You underestimated me! Thats where YOU LOST!"

END OF CHAP 5.