Chap 12: Quitting isn't a choice.

Jasper and Helios stood outside waiting for Flif, knowing that he planned on doing something but then they heard the clock counting down and the rocket falling from the sky down at the facility. Jasper facepalmed as he pulled on Helios arm and ran back to Bahp down.

"We need to go, now." Jasper packs up all his things at their rental room, and glared over at Flif's Cierious dictionary laying on the table and hesitated at first but took it with him as they were going to need it.

"W-what?! Why? What about Flif?" Helios asked in confusion, he wasn't ready to go yet and Jasper was rushing everything, all Helios could do was pull Jasper back and try to stop him.

"Come on Jasper! We can't go, Flif might still be in there!" He said as he tries to stop Jasper from packing his things.

"He's dead, Helios! Probably shot to dead in there by high level imitator bots and he's about to be blown into pieces right now! And if we dont hurry the remaining imitator bots will come after us, so lets get moving, no time to cry for him!" Jasper hurriedly puts on his backpack as he ran outside.

"W-wait up!" Helios ran outside with him and was about to sprint all his might away from Bahp town but then..

"O-oh god." Jasper stood there frozen seeing that the rocket hit the facility and the bomb inside it exploding and completely destroying the facility.

"...Flif.." Helios tried to hold himself together, when he was about to break down Jasper pulled him up.

"We have to go, its up to us now, NO TIME LEFT WE HAVE TO GO!" Jasper and Helios ran off without knowing that.. Flif was actually alive and made it out at the last moment.

A few days later.

Jasper and Helios almost made it out of Bahp and are heading to Magdurus Mountains, right next to the Coquo Desert, that night the two camped and slept under the stars, Helios was exhausted from all the walking so he slept soundly.

Jasper sadly couldn't do the same.

"Hmph, feels like i'm being watched." Jasper is annoyed by this strange feeling that he's being watched from somewhere, he looked left and right.. nothing to see other than a forest in front of him. Jasper decided to walk into the forest and double check to see if they really are alone.

"Hehehee..~" Something giggled quietly and ran deeper into the woods.

"Huh..!? Show yourself! Grr.." Jasper heard the giggle and the rustles from behind the bushes, he turned his head to the direction of the sound and sprinted to it when eventually he ran in too far and realized that it was a big mistake.

"I'm way too far from Helios, seems like the enemy trapped me into being alone then will attack." He grunted as the figure jumps on a branch, a short guy wearing a black wizard hat and wearing a purple scarf, he has a symbol on his forehead and without a doubt it was indeed another one of Jamezu's minions.

"Bravooo! You found out my intention, i'm impressed! That was really smart for a guy who barely uses his head in fighting. Sadly, you wont be able to use your head again like that because tonight i'll bash it open!" He jumped off the branch.

"Who're you? Jamezu's minion? Bounty hunter?" Jasper cracked his knuckles.

Sharel smiled cockily and nodded politely.
"Why yes i am, allow me to introduce myself, i am Sharel The Former Seventh!"

"Even Helios could beat the previous Seventh easily, what makes you think you can match me? If you step back down now then perhaps i will give you a chance to live the rest of your dog life." Jasper insulted him as he pointed straight at Sharel's face, he's the type that doesnt joke around and once he says it then he will do it. But if he cant then its going to be a problem.

"Ohahaha! You may have mistaken me! I am not weak like the previous ones, you see.. i am a surge lightning magic user, i am faster than a bolt, and you're not very fast arent you? You're in way too much disadvantage here. So the one to die here is YOU!" Sharel gritted his teeth and pointed back at Jasper. Knowing that Jasper would be able to pull or something Sharel didnt waste a second and used Anathema right away.

"Behold! Anathema, Stage 1!"

Darkness covers his eyes and turns them into pure black eyes with dark purple pupils, he felt so much stronger and faster. Sharel laughed maniacally and threw lightning bolts and purple surge balls at Jasper.

"I WONT LET YOU!" Jasper threw in multiple crimson daggers before he could notice.. in just a blink Sharel was gone.

"As i expected, too slow, too slow!" Sharel was behind him and does a downwards kick on his head.
Jasper rolled out and summoned his Bloodsucker Gaunlets and attacks Sharel continuously, but then soon Sharel was the one playing offensive as the throws out crazily fast attacks, Jasper couldnt even react and has to guard most of the time and sometimes even have to ignore the damage and goes for a counter but before he even attacked Sharel has predicted his move and moved away.

"HOW'D YOU DO THAT?!" Jasper grunted.

Sharel unleashes more lightning balls flying at high speed aimed at Jasper, he tries to dodge but he cant seem to avoid them very well and gets hit multiple times.

"YOU'RE DONE FOR! LORD JAMEZU IS GOING TO BE SO SATISFIED!" Sharel laughed maniacally but stopped once he sees the glare Jasper is giving him, its full of confidence.

"How do you want to die?" Jasper pointed at Sharel's face as he stands up.

"Die? DIEEE?! YOU'RE TOO CONFIDENT FOR A DEAD MAN!!" Sharel furiously attacks and throws out more surges of lightning, Jasper jumps from left to right and throws multiple crimson daggers at Sharel, the daggers were not fast enough to hit and were avoided easily.

"Too SLOW!! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DO TO BEAT ME AT THIS RATE?! JUST DIE!" Sharel jumps off the tree and starts attacking Jasper barehanded.

Jasper was in disadvantage in speed and couldnt land a single hit, he was damaged all over and finished with a kick on his fragile legs, breaking it and immobilizing him.

"Turns out you were just trying to die cool. Haha, you're not even that strong.." Sharel sits down and grabs his neck, he still sees the annoying confidence in his eyes and was even more angered.

Suddenly Sharel feels a..slight pain on his back, he suddenly feels really weak and tired, Sharel looks behind in confusion.

"W-what..?" The daggers came back from the spot where they landed and stabbed on his back, the Reversed magic kicks in very quickly as he fell over, Jasper reattached his leg and stood up, glaring down at Sharel.

"I told you, you're still.."

*Jasper summoned his Crimson Scratchers and does a quick slice, decapitating Sharel as his head falls on the ground.

"..Too weak."

The next morning. Despite beating Sharel, Jasper was lost in the forest and couldnt find a way out, and Helios was left alone, what dangers could he face out there?

END OF CHAP 12.