Nico~ Lay Me Down

~A/N: This song 'Lay Me Down' is by Sam Smith and it's NOT mine.~

'Yes, I do

I believe, that one day I will be

Where I was, right there

Right next to you...'

You sung these lyrics softly as you sat on your bunk with your earphones on while doodling on a piece of paper. You were soon interrupted by one of your siblings who looked at you and mouthed 'You okay?'. You just nodded and looked back down as your sibling left.

'Told me not to cry, when you were gone

But the feeling's overwhelming, it's much too strong

Can I lay by  your side?

Next to you, you

And make sure you're alright

I'll take care of you, I don't want to be here if I can't be with you

Tonight...'

You let a tear slide down your cheek as you thought about your boyfriend, Nico Di Angelo. No, don't worry, Nico was still alive... but he lived like a corpse each day. As days passed, he grew thinner and weaker. This brought tears to your eyes as you put your book down and placed your iPod/phone/shuffle safely under your pillow.

You then got up and walked across camp to meet Nico at Cabin 13. "Nico?" You called out tentatively, "You there?"

All that you got as a response was a muffled groan as you heard even more shuffling and movement inside as the cabin door opened suddenly to reveal a not-fully-dressed Nico who only had his black jeans on and he was bare-chested (a/n: or in a sleeveless tee, your choice). You first noticed as to how his condition was in tatters. His ribs were almost protruding and visible. You sighed and shook your head in dissappointment as you invited yourself into his cabin after pushing Nico aside lightly. You then raised an eyebrow at the dirty pile of clothes on one side of the cabin.

"Really, Nico?" You turned towards a sheepish-looking Nico who scratched the back of his head and gave a lopsided smirk as he formulated a quick plan to avert your attention. He slowly shut his cabin door and walked towards a very flustered and confused you, who felt like you were rooted to your place, but as soon as Nico advanced forward, you kept taking steps backwards until your back met the cabin's wooden wall. Nico then placed his hands on either side of your head, on the wall.

"Well that escalated quickly." You chuckled, obviously trying to get out of the current situation as you didn't know what to do. Nico just let his hands slide down to hold your shoulders firmly as he pressed himself up against a furiously blushing you as you placed your hands on his chest as your fingers traced a scar that had been given to him by a monster that you'd fought with the seven and Nico about 5 months ago.

"Nico..." you trailed off as you lost yourself in his warm gaze as he leaned in and captured his lips with yours as your eyes closed involuntarily as your fingers tangled themselves in his hair as you shuddered due to the new feeling growing in your chest, or more specifically - in your heart.

Nico pulled back as you groaned due to the loss of his sweet lips on yours, "(Y/N)... I..." Nico trailed off as he tried so hard to tell you those three words. He then just sighed and kissed your cheek as your eyes softened and you told him, "I... love you too, Nico." And Nico smiled as he hugged you, but then, you remembered what you went to his cabin for as you pried yourself out of his grasp and made him dress more suitably and both of you walked hand-in-hand to the Mess Hall.