Nico ~ Summer Nights

a/n: So... Hi everyone! It's been a year, yes? And last year, I was super stressed​ but all's okay now ~{^o^}~ my summer holidays have started so to make up for a year's worth of work. I'll be posting multiple oneshots in a week~ I hope you all will still love my ideas and I'm open to any new suggestions too! And sorry if this a/n was too long~

|Summer Nights|

Summer - the time when most teenagers dream of going to parties, getting tanned, possibly getting drunk (a/n: be responsible, everyone!)...

But you were nothing like that. You'd rather have wrapped yourself up in a cocoon of blankets, turned on the air cooler and turnt up with a book, than join the Dionysus cabin's rave parties every night..

So, when the time came for another one of those supposed parties - let's just say that you weren't very pleased. And having a son/daughter of Dionysus as your best friend didn't really make things better for you..

"What did I do to deserve this torment?", you mentally cursed as you looked at your best friend dragging you to her/his cabin.

You hadn't had much time to change from your combat gear from the day, so you still wore your combat boots/sneakers, a pair of ripped jeans, your camp half blood t-shirt and a snapback you'd put on to shield your eyes from the sun..

Your hair... let's just not talk about that - it was like a tornado had blown through it.. *awkward silence as reader seethes with anger*

So, you finally reached the Dionysus cabin and as your best friend opened the door, you instinctively covered your eyes to protect them from the flashy lights.. but wait-

"Where are the flashy lights and the loud music?"

You slowly opened your eyes to be met with two dark orbs standing just a foot away from you..

"Oh schist!", you'd just begun to exclaim, when on closer observation you noticed Nico, from the Hades cabin, standing right in front of you!

You placed a hand on your heart and breathed a sigh of relief as you walked around and past Nico, further into the startlingly quiet cabin.

In the centre, you could see all the 7 heroes you'd come to know and become friends with over the course of your stay in CHB.

Hazel beckoned you to sit beside her and you did.. you felt quite snug sitting between Piper and Hazel - both of them were your confidants, and Annabeth too! Annabeth had managed to help you out from so many perilous situations!

You smiled wide and waved at everyone, "Hi, you guys! So, why are we all here?"

Percy answered simply with "Nico."

You looked up just in time for Nico to squeeze between you and Hazel. You pouted, but moved towards Piper, nonetheless.

~time skip because I really don't want to get emotional about Bianca, pls no (;~;) ~

After the sèance was over, everyone had left, except for Nico and your best friend - he/she had kept a watchful eye on you to make sure you were alright and then left after a while of you begging him/her to go get some sleep because they had a chariot race the next day.

Now, let me tell you something about your abilities - you had none. But you had this deep- seated intuition about others' emotions, i.e., you could figure out whether someone was feeling down, and it affected you too.

You took one look at Nico - slouched forward, strands​ of hair covering his forehead..

You didn't know what came over you but you made your way in front of him and kneeled in front of him.. you held his cheeks with both your hands and proceeded to silently wipe off the tears cascading down his face...

You bit your lower lip, nervous of what you were going to do next. You made him look at you, you lifted his face so that his eyes could meet yours..

His eyes, to most, would have looked lifeless - like he had nothing to live for, to be happy for. But in reality, he had friends that loved and trusted in him.

But you, you always knew he had a spark inside him.. you freed one cheek of his and used your free hand to move the strands of hair away from his eyes and forehead..

You knew what it was like to lose someone you'd trust your life with.. sometimes you'd wonder, pray and then burst into tears as to why it should have been you and not your friend that should've died..

So you just sat there, legs crossed as Nico rested his head on your lap. Neither of you saying a word. For now, the silence of the cabin was enough..

a/n: So you all must be wondering where the Dionysus children are? They've gone to build the chariot for the chariot race~

And I love you guys! Thank you all so much for supporting my little oneshot-venture. I hope that you all will still love my ideas~!

And today's question of the day is - "What are your thoughts on Bianca's passing away?" (I cried, tbh)