CHAPTER 4: Strange Sounds

~ Previously ~

Alcina walked up to you with a smile and stood in front of you, expectingly.

You swallowed and sat back down.

"Alright! Who's first?" She asked, clasping her dainty hands together.

~

You watched as members of the group presented their gifts to Andy, one by one.

There were watches and sweaters and board games and the like.

They all seemed to make Andy quite happy.

Perhaps you didn't really need to buy something so expensive to appease him.

"Nina, Gift." Alcina said with a smirk that held pride as she walked over to Andy and sat on the arm of his sofa.

You raised an eyebrow at the act and watched as Nina, another member of the group, hastily got up and made her way over to the pile that only had two presents left.

Nina grabbed the small pink bag beside your box and sprinted over to Alcina, who pricked it out of her hands without even so much as a glance.

"This is something I thought would come in handy. Especially, you know, with Coldplay's album having just came out."Alcina said as she slowly plopped the bag into Andy's lap and rubbed his back.

He looked up at her with a shocked face, "You didn't."

Alcina only smiled down at him.

He dug his hands inside and took out the item, revealing an iPod box.

Everyone gasped and murmured amongst each other.

You furrowed your eyebrows and looked at your lone box off to the side sadly.

How were you going to compete with that?

"Alcina, I can't take this." Andy said with the prompt shake of his head as he dropped the iPod back into the bag and tried to pass it over to her.

Alcina put out a hand and shook her head, "No, keep it. We all know you deserve even more than what that's worth."

Andy held out his arms for Alcina and she seemed to gladly return the hug.

You sharply inhaled and pressed your lips together, knowing well that staying here was turning out to be a mistake.

Once they broke the hug, Alcina's eyes instantly shifted over to you and a long grin formed on her caramel-skinned face.

"You're up." She said to you, putting emphasis on the p with a small "pop".

You ripped away from her gaze and slowly stood up as you flattened out your dress from the back.

As you walked over to the box, your legs began to shake, knowing everyone's eyes and all the pressure was on you.

You picked it up and held it close to your chest as you walked over to Andy.