CHAPTER 13: Attempted Murder

~ Previously ~

Honestly, you were already pretty stupid for thinking a man like that would ever have any sympathy for you.

But you weren't going to be stupid anymore.

You were going to end this.

Tonight.

~

Your eyes slowly fluttered open and closed as they loosely trained on the door ahead.

At first, the adrenaline rush from your plan was keeping you awake and ready.

But it's been hours now and you were struggling to fight off the looming drowsiness.

Your eyes almost completely rolled over as you closed them again.

C'mon...stay awake..., you ordered yourself.

You snapped awake again and blinked several times.

You slowly rolled your eyes upward to peer at the alarm clock on your bedside table.

December 10

4:35 A.M.

You've been waiting since you got into bed at around 11 pm.

He was no doubt a late sleeper; you didn't hear an ounce of silence until maybe about 2 am or so.

But here you continued to stay, just in case.

Though, to tell you the truth, you were stalling.

As eager as you were to finally get rid of him, you were honestly afraid to carry it out.

What if there were more of him?

Would they come for you if you killed him?

What would happen to you if he woke?

Was that even a battle worth fighting?

You really didn't want a repeat of last time.

And even though he ate, talked, and walked like a human, who's to say he slept like a human?

He could still be awake for all you know--or maybe even out of the house.

Much unlike Chucky, taking someone's life took a lot of thought and inner turmoil for you.

Though, you had to do something soon.

The sun was going to come up shortly, and you weren't exactly sure how long possessed dolls slept for.

Or whatever it was they did in the late hours of the day.

You inhaled a gust of air through your nose, puffing your chest out like a soldier, before throwing your legs over the side of the bed and rolling off the covers.

You took your sweet time in straightening yourself up and walking over to the door, allowing enough time to change your mind.