CHAPTER 15: Package

~ Previously ~

Taking your silence as a sign, he let out a defeated sigh, "Okay, whatever, I'll try an' stop hittin' ya'—just cuz' you're fucking annoying when you're all emotional. But if you try to kill me again, I'm stabbin' the shit out of you. Got that?"

You scoffed lightly at his rudeness—it's no wonder he ended up in his horrific predicament.

"Hm??", he hummed, growing impatient.

"Yes, okay.", you squeaked quietly.

~

The gravel underneath your shoes crunched together loudly as you trudged along the isolated path.

Earlier, the howling wind had drowned out the sound, but now everything was dreadfully still.

It's been a little while since you've seen another person, and though you usually preferred it that way, it was making you quite fearful at the moment.

There were several trees on either side of you, covering your sight for who knows how many miles.

You looked up at the dark orange sky, noting that the sun was significantly lower than before.

The thought of your only light source delving deep into the trees soon made your legs push forward just a little quicker.

Though, you had already been on the move for hours at this point and your body was no short of exhausted.

If anyone, or anything, were to come after you now, there certainly wasn't going to be much of a fight.

And you were pretty sure the doll wasn't going to bother helping either.

Speaking of the devil, he hadn't spoken for some time—which was weird for him.

It was likely that he had fallen asleep; you could hear something akin to a snore vibrating within your right ear.

You rolled your eyes at the thought, seeing as he was supposed to be directing you to wherever the hell he wanted you to go, and here he was treating you like some damn carriage.

You stopped in place, suddenly, letting your anger get the best of you.

You jumped up and landed back down onto the gravel.

A slight stir emitted from the small man, but nothing more.

You grunted and hopped another two times.

Still nothing.

Your knees bent and straightened repeatedly as you jumped vigorously, using up what strength you had left.

"W-what? Fuck is going on?!"

You could feel him struggling a bit inside of the bag, which pulled your shoulders down from the pressure.

You reluctantly waited for him to relax before fixing the bag straps and continuing down the path.

Chucky pushed against your back with an irritated humph, causing you to skip a few steps, "I was gettin' some fucking shut-eye if you ain't notice!"